+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you rather......

Champions without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Playoffs 100%
    The last week has been the most intense/insane/stressful/joyous/tearful/delirious week I’ve ever known.
    Now it’s over, I have the most incredible memories with family and friends. Some of which have never been to Notts and are now considering buying ST’s.
    My daughter, who would take or leave coming to games, is now completely in love with Notts and can’t wait for next season.
    The PR we’ve got from the playoffs has been incredible - it sounds trivial, but just getting the congratulatory tweets from Ryan Reynolds boosts our profile. I wouldn’t be surprised if RR and Rob McE were at Wembley yesterday to film something for the end of the second season of “Welcome to Wrexham” (on Disney+), on which we will play a key role.

It has to be the play offs route, as the manner in which we won those two games will have built bonds between fans and players/management/staff, raised our profile, more than likely added to our fanbase and provided a lifetime of memories and stories for families and friends. Not to mention putting a few coppers in the bank, (not the ello ello ello ones lol). Oh not to forget giving people a free heart check.

Well the playoffs provided much more excitement, but to paraphrase Spinal Tap, you can have:
    " Too much... too much f****** excitement "
    The last two games have probably taken about five years off my lifetime.

The other brilliant things about promotion via the playoffs is the exposure.

25,000 people were in the Notts 'end' at Wembley. They weren't all people who regularly watched Notts, but you'd have to think that some of them will be coming to games in the future.

Also, the media coverage of our playoff games was a fantastic advert for Notts - that can only increase our fan base.

There's a lot to like about winning the playoffs. There really is.

I'd have still snatched a hand off if offered automatic promotion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123