+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes to get used to

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think I lose international BBC commemtary on the games but I need to triple check. One of the benefits of being a big club in a crap league was access to commentary and this season with NL TV i saw most games. I can get iFollow next season but I think it is midweek games only.
    Isn't it all games for international streaming? Not sure, it's been a couple of years...

We get academy funding again

On a personal level, my own colour coding system for at-a-glance league levels in the pyramid. I used brown for tier 5 as it was the perfect colour for being in the deep do-do's. We're now back into the less unpleasant bruised purple of tier 4. I use green for the level playing field of tier 3, gold for tier 2 and up high in the sky blue for tier 1. It was grey for wartime seasons, let's hope I don't have to use that again!

Somethings we won't have to get used to, as they will remain exactly the same:

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Somethings we won't have to get used to, as they will remain exactly the same:

If it was Fword, I'm sure they would find the cash.
    I looked at the Evening Post sport page ahead of the Wembley final, just to see if we were prioritised for once, and there were about 20 odd Fword stories to scroll down past before you got to a preview of Notts v Chesterfield.
    We really are treated like some minor sports club in our own city. The rugby club would probably get more recognition if they reached a major final.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If it was Fword, I'm sure they would find the cash.
    I looked at the Evening Post sport page ahead of the Wembley final, just to see if we were prioritised for once, and there were about 20 odd Fword stories to scroll down past before you got to a preview of Notts v Chesterfield.
    We really are treated like some minor sports club in our own city. The rugby club would probably get more recognition if they reached a major final.
    FCUK the Council, in fact tell them to take the banner down
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-05-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I doubt it because I believe Forest signed a 5 year deal with Radio Nottingham for both frequencies. Hope I’m wrong though.
    I think you are wrong, 1955pie. I can always get the Radio Nottm Notts County coverage in my car going to and from the game. It's 103.8 for Notts and 95.1 for Forest. Failing that, on your mobile phone find BBC Sport > Football > All Teams > National League (for now)> Notts County. Click on "Live games" or something like that and scroll sideways till the game you want appears. Sometimes on matchdays the screen will show coverage by the other team's local radio station as well as the Radio Nottm one.

Be warned though, it can be hit or miss on that site whether the commentary keeps breaking up or continues solid. Some folk on here have recommended Hospital Radio but I haven't tried that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    FCUK the Council, infact tell them to take the banner down
    If I was the club, I'd be asking if they have permission to use our crest. See if they'd rather spend money on opening a door or on IP lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I think you are wrong, 1955pie. I can always get the Radio Nottm Notts County coverage in my car going to and from the game. It's 103.8 for Notts and 95.1 for Forest. Failing that, on your mobile phone find BBC Sport > Football > All Teams > National League (for now)> Notts County. Click on "Live games" or something like that and scroll sideways till the game you want appears. Sometimes on matchdays the screen will show coverage by the other team's local radio station as well as the Radio Nottm one.

Be warned though, it can be hit or miss on that site whether the commentary keeps breaking up or continues solid. Some folk on here have recommended Hospital Radio but I haven't tried that yet.
    The Nottingham Hospitals Radio commentaries are indeed pretty decent to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can think of a negative one. We have to play in whatever the Pisspot Trophy is called these days rather than the FA Trophy. I realise the FA Trophy was a bit of an embarrassment, but at least it gave proper clubs a dream to aim at.

I went to all of our FA Trophy home games, but I will continue my Pisspot Trophy boycott as long as top level U23 teams are involved.
    Assuming we have the academy status back, then the competition could be used to give valuable experience to our younger players..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast