+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Effect The Win Had On Fans

The Effect The Win Had On Fans

I witnessed grown men and women crying when the last pen went in, what an emotional ending it was for all of us and just outpouring of feelings.

A great buzz around the whole club. A great feeling put in place by solid management and sensible expectations. Although we didn't play well yesterday I think the "Well we are Notts County" attitude to failing to achieve when it counts has been put to bed. The whole club, from top to bottom, are together (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    A great buzz around the whole club. A great feeling put in place by solid management and sensible expectations. Although we didn't play well yesterday I think the "Well we are Notts County" attitude to failing to achieve when it counts has been put to bed. The whole club, from top to bottom, are together (IMO).
    I must admit i had tears at the the end
    It was pure pride mixed with relief
    I also passed out during celebrating the second goal which was quite scary for my wife and kids but the medical team were quick to check on me
    Thankfully i came round quickly and was fine to witness the rest of the game
    An extremely enjoyable and memorable weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    I must admit i had tears at the the end
    It was pure pride mixed with relief
    I also passed out during celebrating the second goal which was quite scary for my wife and kids but the medical team were quick to check on me
    Thankfully i came round quickly and was fine to witness the rest of the game
    An extremely enjoyable and memorable weekend
    Good on you mate

Cried in the car park of my daughter’s theatre class the day of the Swindon game and I cried yesterday when Scottie’s pen went in, just unbelievable what emotions a football team can bring out in you.

Last Sunday and yesterday were two of the most unbelievable Notts games I’ve ever been to. Coming through in that way is not something Notts teams usually do.(and good old Ross Fitzsimons, if he wasn’t so sh!t for us I could believe his performance yesterday was deliberate). This Notts team is made of different stuff though. Just a fantastic day with my son and friends.

I’ll be counting down the weeks to the fixture releases and new season like I did when I was a kid. Cannot bloody wait.

I shed a tear on the way home from the Trent Navigation after watching the game there, as I passed the Jimmy and Jack statue, and figured the tap I gave to Jimmy's knee on the way to the Nav did work. My legs were like jelly on the walk back to the car as well, total wus lol

I'd kidded my self that promotion wasn't everything. That it was actually "OK" in the National League and that losing would not be the end of the world. There are after all some nice clubs and nice people in non league football. Also, that winning at whatever level has its benefits. It brings in casual fans, as we' ve seen and increases the atmosphere at Meadow Lane.
    What a lot of old boll***s!!!!
    How stupid could I have been????
    The World's oldest football league club!!
    It means so much.
    COYP

52yrs of age & admit I had a tear in my eye the minute that ball hit the back of the net to confirm we were once again a League club.
    My blood pressure was sky high, heart pounding watching the pens, even when Bostock missed I knew all we had to do was score again, but the tension was so unreal. Better than any promotion i have witnessed

The last two games have been the most tense, stressful, and (ultimately) joyous games I've ever seen. What a crazy end to a crazy season. As far as I'm concerned, things have never been better. I've never seen the club so well run, or the players, coaching staff, and fans so perfectly aligned. Great, great times to be a Notts fan.