+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conference League

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Oh no
    We’re not copying the yanks are we?

It’ll be “offence” next.
    None taken.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Oh no
    We’re not copying the yanks are we?

It’ll be “offence” next.
    “offense”, in fact. Ugh.

It used to be so clear ....

European Cup ... a contest between each country's league champions ... ffs ... call it the Uefa Champions cup if preferred ... at least it'll be still clear what it is and how participants qualified.

European Cup Winners Cup ... a contest between the winners from each country who won that end of season cup which involved teams from grassroots to grandeur.

Uefa Cup ... diddy cup contested by each country's also rans and 'stepper uppers' ... yet still a valid contest between equals.

Can you imagine if boxing ( I fkn hate boxing ... but .. aside ... ) had a fkn parachute arrangement whereby a heavyweight, failing to make a quarterfinal, could be dropped down to compete for the middleweight belt? ... and the defeated middleweight given a 'free pop' to claim the featherweight title??

It is so fkn pure pish and blatantly corrupt that Ah'm at a loss as tae why there's nae 'proper channel' tae protest/oppose.

Maybe 'someone' has to create one?

edit: Boooooooooooo!
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 07-06-2023 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    “offense”, in fact. Ugh.
    Fk sake 57 ... ye blurrin the lines noo ... Ah'm nae takin offence ... nor considerin' yer post offensive ... but ffs stan' yer grun min!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ngers-old-firm

It concerns me, but doesn’t surprise me, that it takes a news service from beyond the border to tell it like it is whilst gently chibbing the Entitled Two, and the associated game-rigging at national associations’ level.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ngers-old-firm

It concerns me, but doesn’t surprise me, that it takes a news service from beyond the border to tell it like it is whilst gently chibbing the Entitled Two, and the associated game-rigging at national associations’ level.
    Decent article.

Most folk in Scotland outwith the cheeks know where the problems lie within our game and know the authorities will do nothing about it.

The SFA functions to serve two clubs only. Always has and always will.

The lack of young players coming through should worry us and all other clubs too.

Doncaster on £400k a year was an eye opener. No wonder we can't get rid of him.

More fûcking shîte from the pair of raseholes (anag.) running our game.

A good article, apart from the lie that “Dundee United used to be quite good”, when we know that they’ve always been masturbation-addicted w@nking w@nkers.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...isions-4174839

Do the editors at that newspaper realise or researched into how Hibs became the first Scottish team in proper European Cup and who . although won the League didn't get to take their place because the blazers ( one of the chiefs a HIbs director) decided Hibs were a better team and put them into the competition instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Do the editors at that newspaper realise or researched into how Hibs became the first Scottish team in proper European Cup and who . although won the League didn't get to take their place because the blazers ( one of the chiefs a HIbs director) decided Hibs were a better team and put them into the competition instead.
    Errrm .... nae sure if that's accurate min. Tae the best o' my knowledge, Dons declined the offer ... as did the cheeks for various reasons.

I remember reading in a fitba book how we were basically told not to enter as the blazers wanted the famous five mob . The fact that one o Hibs chiefs was making decisions didn't go down well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast