+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emissions Charge For Driving to Wembley

Emissions Charge For Driving to Wembley

Has everyone who took a non-electric car to Wembley paid their Emissions Charge? We paid £35 (two days) for driving to and from Wembley. This seems tough considering there was no alternative (train strike and all coaches booked out). Then we paid £41 for somewhere to park. The cheapest aspect of Saturday was the match ticket!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-05-2023 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in title

Do you drive a tank? Most cars don't qualify for the emissions charge, it's not in the ULEZ

It is in the ULEZ!

That is f'ing scandalous! Where does that money go? What is it used for? Sounds like extortion to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nottscol View Post
    It is in the ULEZ!
    Not according to the TFL web site (unless you strayed over the Nth Circular road en route or for parking).

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...where-and-when

Quote Originally Posted by nottscol View Post
    It is in the ULEZ!
    There are two, the low emission zone and the more strict ULEZ. The LEZ is similar to what they have in Birmingham and very few cars are hit by it

Quote Originally Posted by LincsPie View Post
    Not according to the TFL web site (unless you strayed over the Nth Circular road en route or for parking).

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...where-and-when
    Hmmmm. Starting to think we may have made an unnecessary donation!

Heathrow is the same, just on the border.

However, the ULEZ is due to expand in August and will cover Wembley but that won't help you now unfortunately.

Next season(!) Sutton United will be in the expanded ULEZ, Crawley is well outside it and you
    will avoid the ULEZ charge as long as you use the M25 to skirt round London.

I drove to Hampstead where I had parking and a lift waiting for me and my car was exempt from the charges and it's a seven year old Citroen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast