+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Civic Reception

No Civic Reception

In my opinion it’s an insult to the club that Nottingham City Council have said that there is not going to be a civic reception.

Of course money and budgets maybe tight but they have managed to find money to host the Eurovision Song Contest in the Castle grounds on Saturday. Yet a club in the city is offered nothing.

Likewise if they are that short of money could they not just scale it down and invite the clubs staff and players onto the balcony to make an appearance? At least then all the fans could get the chance to gather in the square to celebrate.

I don’t know about other fans but I’m livid about this. It just shows how much the City Council does not recognise the massive achievement that this club has accomplished.

Hopefully they will change their minds.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 15-05-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Let's be Frank about this. They couldn't run a piss up at the nav anyway. Arrange our own down at the club and let's put another nickel in, in Notts County's turnstile tin, all we want is them to win, we are Notts County say we are Notts County. Fcuk the council and their delusional ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    In my opinion it’s an insult to the club that Nottingham City Council have said that there is not going to be a civic reception.

Of course money and budgets maybe tight but they have managed to find money to host the Eurovision Song Contest in the Castle grounds on Saturday. Yet a club in the city is offered nothing.

Likewise if they are that short of money could they not just scale it down and invite the clubs staff and players onto the balcony to make an appearance? At least then all the fans could get the chance to gather in the square to celebrate.

I don’t know about other fans but I’m livid about this. It just shows how much the City Council does not recognise the massive achievement that this club has accomplished.

Hopefully they will change their minds.
    I'm certainly not pleased about it, as an issue of principle. They did it for Forest, they've done it in the past for the Panthers I do believe, why not us? It's a poor decision by a morally and almost financially bankrupt council. I'm not sure we should have expected anything different, but that doesn't make it any less wrong.

I'm guessing whoever makes the decision are either Fword fans or not football fans and have no comprehension of Notts' history and relative size. Not many other town/cities, if any, would shrug off their local football team's achievement as an irrelevance if they had 25k cheering them on at Wembley.

You *could* justify it with us being 5th tier and Fword 1st tier but this sort of thing is nothing new unfortunately - being treated like an unnecessary copy-cat club like FC United of Manchester that the city does not need, as if we were only formed after Fword started winning things. It's pretty much been like this since we got promoted back into the top flight in 1981.

Personally I think it isn't really neccessary as it's only a promotion from non league football, however the Council should have at least offered something.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Personally I think it isn't really neccessary as it's only a promotion from non league football, however the Council should have at least offered something.

We are talking a Labour administration here. We should not be surprised. Get ready for more misery.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    We are talking a Labour administration here. We should not be surprised. Get ready for more misery.
    Here, reckon you need this tin hat more than me

To be honest it's made me smile, I expected nothing more from our Forest biased council, I fully appreciate why the non football orientated public could say that there are better things to spend money on but yet again it is the inconsistency that gets you. Sorry to disappoint the more politically minded amongst you but I believe that the odd freebie ST or seat in an exec box can make all the difference ( and it doesn't matter which party happens to be in control) but I hope we never join that game, as Moreton suggests the only wat to counter it is for the club to host their own celebrations & make a public point of not inviting anyone from the council. COYP

They’re saving the money to hold a reception if Forest avoid relegation

As I've said personally I don't think there should be one however it is clear the Council have scored a major own goal with this as they're getting negative publicity for example the bloke on EMT just announced it at the end of the Notts montage they've just done.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast