+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Keep watching the replays and still get the emotions come back?
    I think I’ve got PTSD!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Keep watching the replays and still get the emotions come back?
    I think I’ve got PTSD!
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yep!
    I'm still watching the BoringWood P/O as well, praps it's not sunk in yet?

What the ferg is up with me?

Have I been transported to a para, paralay,........ alternate universe?

Watched the full match 4 times, still can't believe it's happened

I keep watching the Semi Final highlights thinking "107 points, all for nothing 2-0 down to a team that finished 35 points behind". Then we all know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Watched the full match 4 times, still can't believe it's happened
    I've watched the extended highlights from both games several times and still can't believe it all. Perhaps I'm going to wake up from this dream soon. We are so used to things going pear-shaped, being unfortunate, having appalling officials decisions go against us, wheels falling off, etc.

Also I imagined an alternative universe where Notts scored early in both games. The opposition were forced to attack & we picked them off mercilessly to win the games 4-0 & 3-0. (Instead we got 270 minutes of sheer torture.) But then we would not have probably the most sensational week in our entire history.
    Last edited by Mark_Ross; 16-05-2023 at 04:47 PM.

Every time the shoot out is shown I wonder if we'll win it again

It's messed up my schedule and I've still not caught up with all the snippets, highlights, photos etc. I'd already got lots on before we got through to Wembley. Hopefully I'll catch up with more of the drama tomorrow when I hopefully have a couple of hours after I re-grout some quarry tiles on a step that I kicked out of place yesterday. Off out again now after a day of golf - hard life being retired

Edit: Afterthought - why does it feel so different this time? Is it because we nearly lost something precious? Aftermath of lockdowns? Social media? We've had great moments before and at a higher level but something else is going on.
    Last edited by Old_pie; 16-05-2023 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Why different?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It's messed up my schedule and I've still not caught up with all the snippets, highlights, photos etc. I'd already got lots on before we got through to Wembley. Hopefully I'll catch up with more of the drama tomorrow when I hopefully have a couple of hours after I re-grout some quarry tiles on a step that I kicked out of place yesterday. Off out again now after a day of golf - hard life being retired

Edit: Afterthought - why does it feel so different this time? Is it because we nearly lost something precious? Aftermath of lockdowns? Social media? We've had great moments before and at a higher level but something else is going on.
    Maybe we’re just not used to snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Every time the shoot out is shown I wonder if we'll win it again
    I’m convinced that if I keep watching the game again and again the eventually we’ll lose. We are Notts after all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast