+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

Edit: Afterthought - why does it feel so different this time? Is it because we nearly lost something precious? Aftermath of lockdowns? Social media? We've had great moments before and at a higher level but something else is going on.
    I was thinking exactly the same I stood where these guys in this video were after getting back from Chelsea ground after beating them to secure our promotion to the Top flight 1st division for the first time since early 1900s celebrating with the team when the coach arrived back.
    It was nothing like this celebration though the sheer joy on the faces of the young kids is amazing. I think its the players participation with all the fans that's the difference.

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...951942145?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    For me, thanks to BT Sport and the NL streaming service, it’s because I’ve witnessed Notts play some of the best football possible in supporting and watching them for 55 years. I cast my mind back to the home game against D&R where we battered them and lost 2-1. I knew then that we were not destined to win the league and, at 2-0 down against BHW, I thought promotion was beyond us too. Somehow we got to the final where, once again, there were a number of moments in which it looked as though we were going to end up with nothing from a superb season.

Yet in the end Notts have got what they fully deserve and, maybe because of all the emotional torture, it seems that much a sweeter realisation.
    When tippy tappy football, that's actual football played mainly on the deck with a clear plan and purpose and with effective execution results in success, as it has, there is nothing better in my mind.

Can you get promoted from the NL playing beautiful, short passing, entertaining, exciting football whilst dominating possession? That question was asked, with some saying you couldn't based on past winners. Well we now know the answer, you can and it's very special when you do.

For the above I wish to thank the owners.

Better than Allardyce's (superb) Notts, better flowing football that the Warnock era, earned it more that the awesome munto team, better than the failed efforts of many well meaning owners, sad years of failed plans, more touchable than the Sirrel era (grhs) and such a precious connexion developed with fans. A perfect storm of awesome owners, brilliant manager, skilful team, excited stands - excellent plan and team totally tuned into the fans. All of our own. No released list, they have earned it.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-05-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Most certainly do.

Like others I can't get enough of the content available. Watched the full game again twice on BT Sport - we played a lot better on the tele than I thought we had while at the game. Also watched various highlights / goals many times over.

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is Ruben's penalty. All season he's done that stuttered run-up to commit the keeper, got slated for it the 2 times it failed - including the semi. In the shoot-out he didn't do it, Fitzsimmons didn't move as he was clearly waiting for it as Ruben just slotted it past him calm as you like. The only penalty where the keeper on either side didn't commit - absolutely brilliant from Ruben!

I keep watching the highlights including penalties , and expect us to lose.

Still buzzing , and smiling from ear to ear

CamPie, Ruben did mention in one of his issues that he realised something needed changing with his penalty taking style, so ditched the stutter. He then said that Fitzsimons was waiting for the stutter, and that is what left him rooted to the spot.

What a heart warming read this board has been since Saturday, just lovely. COYP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    CamPie, Ruben did mention in one of his issues that he realised something needed changing with his penalty taking style, so ditched the stutter. He then said that Fitzsimons was waiting for the stutter, and that is what left him rooted to the spot.
    I must have missed that interview, but yes a master stroke to change it when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Afterthought - why does it feel so different this time? Is it because we nearly lost something precious? Aftermath of lockdowns? Social media? We've had great moments before and at a higher level but something else is going on.

I think we did lose something precious, our membership of the FL. And like so many before us, in life and in Foosba, you never truly realise what you've lost till it's gone. Luckily for us, good fortune decided to return it to us. Praps he thought we'd suffered enough? Anyhoo, I'm a firm believer that if you do the right thing for long enough, then the worm will turn, and it did.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast