+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners Plans for Next Season

Owners Plans for Next Season

Whilst no one will be privy to the owners actual plans for us as a football league club, I did read somewhere that they would not spend serious money whilst we were in the National League.

Do we now think that we will be spending a bit more money on transfers (within reason of course).

Is that a fair assessment, or have I just imagined I have seen that mentioned somewhere?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-05-2023 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    Whilst no one will be privy to the owners actual plans for us as a football league club, I did read somewhere that they would not spend serious money whilst we were in the National League.

Do we now think that we will be spending a bit more money on transfers (within reason of course).

Is that a fair assessment, or have a just imagined I had saw that mentioned somewhere?
    I might be wrong but I’ve never heard anything from them ever about levels of investment. What they have said is the club would become more commercially viable if it got back in the football league.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I might be wrong but I’ve never heard anything from them ever about levels of investment. What they have said is the club would become more commercially viable if it got back in the football league.
    That's how I remember it too - from the fans forum I think.

I think they've said something along the lines of us having a 'competitive' budget whatever level we're at.

With FFP in League 2 there's a limit that can be spent. Spending loads doesn't always get the results you expect. Wrexham only just pipped us to the post after spending big. It's all about the right recruitment with the right manager, something we had this season.

I don't think the owners have ever said they'd hold back, they said they'd be responsible. I'd imagine the academy funding they were pushing into the club will potentially now go into the first team or other areas of the club now we have the EFL funding back.

Let's be honest, in the VNL they wasn't shy about getting the chequebook out, first season they paid for Wootton and Roberts. Just because they didn't go on twitter and say they spent £250k on a game changer doesn't mean that they in fact didn't spend that money. Last year, they did on 4 players, resulting in I think over 63 goals between them 😂

Our owners have had plans in place for our eventual return to league 2, for quite a while and not since Saturday. Very astute our owners are

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think they've said something along the lines of us having a 'competitive' budget whatever level we're at.
    I remember them saying that and then thinking does that include the premier league and beyond?! Or do they have a definite ceiling on where they think they could afford to take Notts? #billionairefather(?)

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I remember them saying that and then thinking does that include the premier league and beyond?! Or do they have a definite ceiling on where they think they could afford to take Notts? #billionairefather(?)
    Anyone watch the Luton V Sunderland match last night? Luton qualified for the Championship P/O final at Wembley. They were in the Vanarama @ 10 years ago, meks you think?

I too haven't seen or heard anything specific about investment which isn't a surprise with the Bros.

Personally I would expect them to continue to show the clear ambition they have shown every season since buying the club. And that's more than good enough for me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast