+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we really hate Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Yes I truly do

Nah you don't. Forest are a football club like us and many others, who have a long and proud tradition. It's their arrogant supporters you dislike, just like the rest of us.

Yes I truly do
    Me too, with an fcuking passion

Yes I truly do
    Me too, since the early sixties.

I hate F*rest, I want them to lose games of football and actively look out for their results.

Do I want the two clubs to have a great relationship where we benefit from loans etc well of course. It would be very counterproductive if we didn't (as we all found out due to AHs actions). Me hating them has absolutely no connection or impact on that relationship between two professional clubs.

I have got great enjoyment from their past struggles, and hope that continues throughout my football supporting life.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-05-2023 at 05:54 PM.

Hate, in the sporting sense, yes most definitely. I always want them to lose. It's part of the job description of being a Notts fan.

I don't care about them enough to hate them. I've certainly never wished them well!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Well some of us do with a passion but some others see that such misplaced emotion is a sign of an inferiority complex.
    A true story.
    As a 9 year old on holiday in the 1950's I was on holiday with my Forest-supporting cousin at Ingoldmells and we were kicking a ball to each other on the beach when two guys appeared from the sand hills and asked if they could join in. I started to place one of the guys.
    'Are you Ron Wylie?' I asked him. He nodded and I told him I was a Notts supporter. (We were supporters not fans in those days).
    The other chap said 'And do you know who I am?' Cousin Paul answered 'You're Jack Burkitt' (The then captain of Forest).
    They stayed with us for about an hour and we were both shocked that their families were on holiday together. Surely, I reasoned, Ron Wylie would be on holiday with Gordon Wills, his left-wing partner. But no. Here came the realisation that players from rival teams could be mates. It was a lesson learned and since then I've always wished Forest well.
    Can't Notts supporters see that the better Forest do, the more we stand to gain - in loan players, the boosting of the city, increasing the numbers who support both teams.
    Or is it just an act? Do we have to pretend 'I really hate Forest' simply to sound hard. Let's not forget that Forest did their share of supporting us when our future looked 50 shades of grim. Having said all that, of course if we met them in the cup or one distant day in the league, there's only one team I'd be shouting for and it wouldn't have anything to do with woods or trees.
    Logged in specially to say yes. It's not an act, I'd be happy if they ceased to exist.

As a youngster, I disliked Forest.
    Now I’m not really fussed either way.
    Most of my mates are Forest fans and they all want Notts to do well. Off the back of that I sort of return the courtesy.
    I enjoy seeing the city of Nottingham doing well and us collectively having something to celebrate.

Nah… hate is too strong a word but I fecking dislike them intensely.

When I was younger I was much more anti-Forest than I am now.

Over the years, on more than occasion, I've seen Forest fans rally to support Notts when we've been in financial trouble, so it would seem strange to 'hate' people who either came to our aid when the chips are down, or who generally don't regard us as their major enemy (Forest's nemesis being Derby, of course).

Many Forest fans I know were rooting for Notts to win at Wembley and regain their league status, and some are genuinely puzzled by the vitriol some Notts fans have towards them, because they don't see the relevance of a rivalry at present, the clubs being three divisions apart.

Of course, that superiority/inferiority thing is partly what drives the hostile feelings of some Notts fans, and it would probably be the same if the roles were reversed, but until the competition between Forest and Notts becomes more equal again, like it was in the early 1990s (Sir Charlie Palmer et al), 'hating' Forest right now seems like a wasted, if not slightly self-demeaning emotion.

We should be focused on being proud of Notts county's revival.
    Last edited by jackal2; 23-05-2023 at 05:25 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast