+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we really hate Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If the City Ground was on fire, I would contact the fire brigade.

By post.

With a second class stamp.
    I’m with Elite except I would forget to put a stamp on it

Nice story. I have lots of Forest related stories/experiences from my childhood and whilst it might be deemed as small minded I can say without any hesitation that none of those stories fill me with any kind of affection for "them", sorry.

When your own beloved team go through years and years of providing minimal joy or comfort, then there is absolutely nothing wrong (and would encourage) with getting joy and comfort from another team's struggles, demise.

The playoff semi final 2nd leg at home at a full City Ground against little old Yeovil is still a (TV) football memory high for me. Superb stuff.

Used to hate, now I don’t really care about them. I don’t follow the Premier league and hardly ever look at the results or table, I don’t buy the Evening Red anymore and I only listen to Radio Red when there is something about Notts on. Fortunately, I don’t live under the jurisdiction of Nottingham City Red, or the Lord Mayor of Red either.

I couldn't care less about them as a team, their fans though can be a different matter. Last year after they won the playoff was in the local shop one of them attacked me because i wouldn't join in with their celebrations.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Last year after they won the playoff was in the local shop one of them attacked me because i wouldn't join in with their celebrations.
    Probably the famed Physco!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Probably the famed Physco!
    Maybe the shop had run out of pies and you were being a bulleh.

I honestly couldn't care less about them. It's hard to dislike a team who we have only played once in the last however many years, just because of their proximity. We aren't rivals.

I do find it interesting how many are claiming that their fans are the issue and yet here is a thread full of hate and insults.
    Is it really their fans that are the issue, or just some fans of both teams?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Well some of us do with a passion but some others see that such misplaced emotion is a sign of an inferiority complex.
    A true story.
    As a 9 year old on holiday in the 1950's I was on holiday with my Forest-supporting cousin at Ingoldmells and we were kicking a ball to each other on the beach when two guys appeared from the sand hills and asked if they could join in. I started to place one of the guys.
    'Are you Ron Wylie?' I asked him. He nodded and I told him I was a Notts supporter. (We were supporters not fans in those days).
    The other chap said 'And do you know who I am?' Cousin Paul answered 'You're Jack Burkitt' (The then captain of Forest).
    They stayed with us for about an hour and we were both shocked that their families were on holiday together. Surely, I reasoned, Ron Wylie would be on holiday with Gordon Wills, his left-wing partner. But no. Here came the realisation that players from rival teams could be mates. It was a lesson learned and since then I've always wished Forest well.
    Can't Notts supporters see that the better Forest do, the more we stand to gain - in loan players, the boosting of the city, increasing the numbers who support both teams.
    Or is it just an act? Do we have to pretend 'I really hate Forest' simply to sound hard. Let's not forget that Forest did their share of supporting us when our future looked 50 shades of grim. Having said all that, of course if we met them in the cup or one distant day in the league, there's only one team I'd be shouting for and it wouldn't have anything to do with woods or trees.
    No I dont hate /dislike them- Life's too short

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I honestly couldn't care less about them. It's hard to dislike a team who we have only played once in the last however many years, just because of their proximity. We aren't rivals.

I do find it interesting how many are claiming that their fans are the issue and yet here is a thread full of hate and insults.
    Is it really their fans that are the issue, or just some fans of both teams?
    I have never punched a Red just because he follows a different team however I took a few kickings when I was younger just for wearing different colours, I will never like them & always hope they lose.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast