+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Millennials!

Millennials!

What a bunch of self entitled snowflakes! Massive generalisation I know but hear me out. The workplace is now starting to see this generation moving up the ranks, my experience so far is not a good one, self entitled, no real work ethic, everything has to be handed to them on a plate and a complete disregard for anything other than their own narrow self interest! Is it just me, am I officially an old git? Yes I know their are exceptions but IMO the rule is pretty pathetic..

Yes you are right Dave, you are an old git! 😉

However, you are also correct in your generalised comment!

I am a millennial and know lots of people like that.

I'm afraid it get worse though as the entitled trait increases but laziness also increases too.

We took on a young lad in his early twenties as an apprentice and he was out of work more than he was in!

He caused a lot of issues, didn't listen and messed up a lot.

There are still (like me of course!) some who buck that trend however.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post

I'm afraid it get worse though as the entitled trait increases but laziness also increases too.

We took on a young lad in his early twenties as an apprentice and he was out of work more than he was in!

Glad it’s not just me! And yes it is a generalisation, I think those in that age group who buck the trend will do well!

Last year I made the mistake of employing a friend who is also a millennial.

It became extremely difficult for me because I was getting grief from the rest of the staff because he was so arrogant, entitled, lazy and terribly ignorant and rude.

He’d answer back and argue even when he was making continuous mistakes, the errors he made have a really bad knock on effect for us with customer feedback ratings.

Business went quiet so I gently let him go and thankfully he found another job before departing.

Most of our staff issues are with this age group.

I am a millennial........
    Only just. I think he was referring to younger millennials, the ones who are closer to their twenties than their forties 😉 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Only just. I think he was referring to younger millennials, the ones who are closer to their twenties than their forties 😉 .
    Beat me to it 68, early 40s although are called millennials - we’re no way the same breed as those young uns in the 20s. Those are Gen Z?

I work my socks off and being in my early 40s i do come across so many gen z who don’t know what a hard days work is. It’s absolutely shocking and I can rant about this to other colleagues in work.

I class millennials as born between 95 and 2005

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Beat me to it 68, early 40s although are called millennials - we’re no way the same breed as those young uns in the 20s. Those are Gen Z?

I work my socks off and being in my early 40s i do come across so many gen z who don’t know what a hard days work is. It’s absolutely shocking and I can rant about this to other colleagues in work.
    Spot on Regis, the ones I have the biggest problems at work with are the 18-30 brigade.

The worst one we had was a university graduate who’d been unemployed for 3 years after leaving university and he gave the impression that the job was below him.

It hadn’t sunk in that he had failed to impress at numerous interviews and it was only down to our relationship that he got a job with us.

The other problem with this age group is drug use, the widespread use of weed is a massive issue.

It makes them late for work, Monday’s are a nightmare and it gives them a bad attitude.

Next time we take someone on the use of random drug testing will be in their contract.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    What a bunch of self entitled snowflakes! Massive generalisation I know but hear me out. The workplace is now starting to see this generation moving up the ranks, my experience so far is not a good one, self entitled, no real work ethic, everything has to be handed to them on a plate and a complete disregard for anything other than their own narrow self interest! Is it just me, am I officially an old git? Yes I know their are exceptions but IMO the rule is pretty pathetic..
    I'm a millennial, you've described my personality perfectly

Yes you are right Dave, you are an old git! ��

Anyone younger than 26 would be referred to as a Gen Z, just to let you know. So I think you might be knocking the wrong group here...

For what its worth, I have always thought that you can't generalise based on age. There are lazy and unedifying pensioners who have never done a days work, just as there are 20 year olds. And the same works in reverse, there are definitely some very hard working, bright kids out there who want to better themselves. Maybe you're just not coming across them..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)