+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Manager for next season...

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I joked about doing it, but at the moment it is as likely as anyone - I got a sports badge in Scouts will that do for the qualification bit
    I’ll see your sports badge in scouts and raise you a golden arrow in cubs.

(Wiggles woggle in anticipation)

(Runs from bears)

Good luck Daniel, MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I thought it was the day the Teddy bears get their picnic
    Pretty sure Daniel had problems with lions and not bears?

Spoke very well on Sky Sports , could be a good appointment if he gets proper backing.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Indeed, a "tick box exercise" apparently, a "simple formality" something that would take but a matter of hours even if it included vetting all 60+ members of the entire 49E "club", so saith some posters.

Delusional
    Nonsense, provided aĺ the due diligence has been submitted coŕrectly, ids, source and proof of funds etc, this is all very standard and takes very little time. Whether its 1 person or 60 makes very little difference as the forms that should have been submitted pretty much means you can't go wrong unless you are trying to hide something. The only delays would be caused if the due diligence had not been submitted correctly, which is highly unlikely or the EFL has a back log of paperwork and not enough skiĺled administrators to process ět in a timely manner, which is more likely.

Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Nonsense, provided aĺ the due diligence has been submitted coŕrectly, ids, source and proof of funds etc, this is all very standard and takes very little time. Whether its 1 person or 60 makes very little difference as the forms that should have been submitted pretty much means you can't go wrong unless you are trying to hide something. The only delays would be caused if the due diligence had not been submitted correctly, which is highly unlikely or the EFL has a back log of paperwork and not enough skiĺled administrators to process ět in a timely manner, which is more likely.
    Exactly how do you know that this takes "very little time"? There are plenty of examples of acquisitions where it has taken months to complete all the relevant processes, and very, VERY few where it has taken the bare few weeks that were available to us before the inability to enter into contracts with new players will (is!) seriously impacting us.

No-one knows how many "skilled administrators" the EFL has, nor how many would be allocated to the task of ODT evaluations on any or all the 49E investor group associated with the LUFC acquisition. What we DO know, is that not one single instance of football administration involvement has ended well for LUFC, ever.

Based on past performance, on the fact that the EFL is no better staffed than any other quango, that our relationship with the EFL is "strained" to say the least, on the fact that the "hard ball" bargaining between the two shareholder children built a fortnights delay into any submission being made to the EFL, we should have worked on the basis that approval wouldn't appear before July (as I suggested), and here we are, in July, and STILL no white smoke, so not nonsense at all, just hard bitten reality.

Exactly how do you know that this takes "very little time"? There are plenty of examples of acquisitions where it has taken months to complete all the relevant processes, and very, VERY few where it has taken the bare few weeks that were available to us before the inability to enter into contracts with new players will (is!) seriously impacting us.

No-one knows how many "skilled administrators" the EFL has, nor how many would be allocated to the task of ODT evaluations on any or all the 48E investor group associated with the LUFC acquisition. What we DO know, is that not one single instance of football administration involvement has ended well for LUFC, ever.

Based on past performance, on the fact that the EFL is no better staffed than any other quango, that our relationship with the EFL is "strained" to say the least, on the fact that the "hard ball" bargaining between the two shareholder children built a fortnights delay into any submission being made to the EFL, we should have worked on the basis that approval wouldn't appear before July (as I suggested), and here we are, in July, and STILL no white smoke, so not nonsense at all, just hard bitten reality.
    I know because I used to process such transactions, admittedly not for the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I know because I used to process such transactions, admittedly not for the EFL.
    Then you don't know. And even if you had done so for the EFL, that's past history, and the current situation shows quite clearly that however much we might wish (and believe me, I do) that all could be completed in a "very little time", that is just cloud cuckoo land.

What your past experience also lacks is an appreciation of just how (or if) the EFL would consider our current predicament (no owner willing to enter into contracts with new players, no players willing to take the risk of entering into contracts unless and until the take-over is completed) and if it would affect (one way or another) their "prioritisation" of the ODT process. I would suggest that they couldn't give a flying f00k as to how much we are "inconvenienced", nor whether it affects our ability to appoint anyone, from tea lady to new CEO, and their process of prioritisation will reflect that total absence of giving the tiniest rats ar5e.

Sorry to say, but insofar as LUFC are concerned, in this particular matter and at this particular time, your past experience is irrelevant (as is mine by the way, I'm just a tad more cynical/realistic)

Then you don't know. And even if you had done so for the EFL, that's past history, and the current situation shows quite clearly that however much we might wish (and believe me, I do) that all could be completed in a "very little time", that is just cloud cuckoo land.

What your past experience also lacks is an appreciation of just how (or if) the EFL would consider our current predicament (no owner willing to enter into contracts with new players, no players willing to take the risk of entering into contracts unless and until the take-over is completed) and if it would affect (one way or another) their "prioritisation" of the ODT process. I would suggest that they couldn't give a flying f00k as to how much we are "inconvenienced", nor whether it affects our ability to appoint anyone, from tea lady to new CEO, and their process of prioritisation will reflect that total absence of giving the tiniest rats ar5e.

Sorry to say, but insofar as LUFC are concerned, in this particular matter and at this particular time, your past experience is irrelevant (as is mine by the way, I'm just a tad more cynical/realistic)
    Going to have to agree to disagree with you wtf, the process may have a few more steps but the framework as set by financial regulators hasn't changed a great deal.

Even the EFL will still have SLA's and KPI 's to try and adhere to, otherwise they will be the ones open to investigation, lawsuits, regulators and all that. Personal feelings/opinions won't come into, as this takeover is just a case file sitting on 1 or 2 peoples workflow manager waiting to be completed. They will have probably have no interest in the daily happening of Leeds United or any other club tbh.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)