+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 23-24

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Was of the same thought as yourself earlier this week, but i am now convinced that McMann and Niskanen should be beside Poopadom hands and just feck off!

To add to James list, i would keep Middleton and Graham along with Fletcher, Levitt, Behich and Sibbald, and build a new team around them. Fecking scary that is only 6 players that can be deemed good enough!
    You've found 6 more than me then

Misskanen has to go, not a single reason to think he might suddenly find football skills by dropping a league.

The others ..... 3 managers have tried with this lot without success, some have been here long enough for 4, 5 or 6 managers unable to find a player in there.

Clean them all out, it's their mess they created not ours.

Not good enough this year and will be same next year in super competitive Championship, definitely wont be good enough if the miracle of getting back up next year happens. Same would happen again!

They should get same treatment as managers now ....... not good enough .... bye bye...🖐🖐

Here's a thought. You know what would be nice regardless if we are a top 6, bottom 6 or Championship club, we can be enjoyable to watch, feel entertained, go away from a game excited from what we have seen. Apart from the odd game here and there it feels like many years since we have had this feeling watching United. And this includes last season finishing 4th. The football was sterile with many victories scrappy narrow wins with a competent keeper pretty much winning us points. From Neilson onwards we have been horrible to watch.

We are now needing a serious rebuild. Whether it is under Goodwin or some other manager it is also an opportunity to reshape and rethink who we are as a club, our playing style, the type of player we sign. It may be pie in the sky and wishful thinking that we can achieve a better brand of football but I would rather be entertained in The Championship than be bored watching us fail to put more than 2 or 3 passes together in The Premiership with zilch creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Here's a thought. You know what would be nice regardless if we are a top 6, bottom 6 or Championship club, we can be enjoyable to watch, feel entertained, go away from a game excited from what we have seen. Apart from the odd game here and there it feels like many years since we have had this feeling watching United. And this includes last season finishing 4th. The football was sterile with many victories scrappy narrow wins with a competent keeper pretty much winning us points. From Neilson onwards we have been horrible to watch.
    Enjoyable to watch would be amazing, but I'd settle first for competitive. By that, I mean the players make it difficult for our opponents to play the way they want to. Did we make it difficult for Kilmarnock? How about Livi at the weekend? How about Ross County the week before? Did we make it difficult for any of them? This in three of the most crucial games this season

Listening to the BBC commentary v Livingstone, I heard Alan Preston saying "Jim Goodwin needs more from his players - they're just not doing enough". Wednesday night v Kilmarnock, same thing again - "The United players need to do more, they're just not doing enough".

It never ceases to amaze me folk still going on about the quality of football, even after this terrible season. Ken what would be great, just getting results, honestly I couldn't give a flying how this is achieved...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me folk still going on about the quality of football, even after this terrible season. Ken what would be great, just getting results, honestly I couldn't give a flying how this is achieved...
    This, this and this again.

Agree it would be great to get both but I'd be happier looking back on the game after getting 3 points but playing crap than looking back saying the football was great to watch but having no points to show for it.

It's a grim outlook and one which I'd hoped I'd never have but that's Scottish football these days unless you're one of THEM..

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post

We are now needing a serious rebuild. Whether it is under Goodwin or some other manager it is also an opportunity to reshape and rethink who we are as a club, our playing style, the type of player we sign. It may be pie in the sky and wishful thinking that we can achieve a better brand of football but I would rather be entertained in The Championship than be bored watching us fail to put more than 2 or 3 passes together in The Premiership with zilch creativity.
    Football has been awful for years, win, lose or draw. It was just as bad in the championship, I remember last time we went down thinking we might at least see some decent attacking football, instead we didn't seem to have plan to develop a team style of play, or recruitment strategy, it just seemed to change from transfer window to transfer window, manager to manager, until Ogren and Neilson came in and signed some proven top flight players/championship players, and Shankland. Football was still terrible however, two sitting midfielders against teams at home with 11 men behind the ball. That gives me the fear too, our recruitment during the championship initially was even worse than under Ogren/Asgar. If we get any new owners in, by the time they get their feet under the desk, i struggle to see how we can be ready to put together a recruitment strategy squad in that shorts space of time.

Same. Everything we've had to endure this season and people still complaining about last season. SPFL is not the school of silky soccer I'm afraid. Scoring more goals than the opposition is the name of the game.

That's OK for one season or so but my wider point is the type of football that we have been served for years now and ultimately we are back in The Championship again. Its not an either or for being successful. This unambitious lets just try and get a result approach breeds sterile, passionless football and we shouldn't then be surprised when we couldn't raise our game while the other teams around us in the relegation dogfight could.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)