+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Players out on Loan

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Well at least regulars post not the assassins that come in for one cameo while they wait for another mission to hit.
    Where were you when the regulars were telling everyone we are fcked going nowhere but down ohh wait I think you came in once or twice called them nutters. PS I know I'm one of your hits Attachment 24309
    If you'd have read my posts you would know that I said a few hours before the Leicester match that if we didn't win then we were down !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Please, please don't talk sense on here.... the regulars aren't used to it
    This coming from the bloke who suggested that both Casilla and JKA (and others even less memorable) were "good bits of business".

Sure, that's sense for you, nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    If you'd have read my posts you would know that I said a few hours before the Leicester match that if we didn't win then we were down !!!!
    Aww come on, please come back and join the debate, you know you want to....

Why would he want to debate with you - it’s pointless.

I'll bite. No where near and hopeless as you portray.

Money talks.

The 49's have it. we also have these players under contract. If they want to drop their pants and get in a sword fight they'll lose. The option of sitting a year out or diminishing their value by playing poorly is not attractive to a young player. The 49's can afford to play a player until the contract runs out. The big clubs do it all the time. Look at the number of frees available and how good some of them are.

A good coach also has a big impact.

I think we squeeze Luton or Burnley for big money on Drameh. If we don't get it he plays for us. Let the clubs know up front our intent. Same with Cresswell and Heldje. They are under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

Money talks.

The 49's have it. we also have these players under contract. If they want to drop their pants and get in a sword fight they'll lose. The option of sitting a year out or diminishing their value by playing poorly is not attractive to a young player. The 49's can afford to play a player until the contract runs out. The big clubs do it all the time. Look at the number of frees available and how good some of them are.

I think we squeeze Luton or Burnley for big money on Drameh. If we don't get it he plays for us. Let the clubs know up front our intent. Same with Cresswell and Heldje. They are under contract.
    Go wash your mouth out for daring to be balanced and rational 🤔😆🙃🤣

Money talks.

Not disagreeing in principle, but.....it all hangs on whether the 49-ers actually acquire the remaining shareholding, AND their view of who they want to play in the 1st team.

The 49-ers have been instrumental in driving the most recent recruitments through, and in so doing have "assisted" in the club spending £150m that brought in players who if/when sold won't be recouped. Taking your other point on another thread regarding the "America first" nature of a substantial number of those recent acquisitions, is it likely that the 49-ers (assuming they do in fact acquire the remaining shareholding) will sell the very players they have brought in to generate that stateside visibility?

Take those two factors (losses on players being sold, players brought in to enhance the stateside visibility of LUFC), how likely is it that the youngsters (including those you mention and a few others coming back from loans, or having spent all their time at LUFC in the youth teams), will see a material amount of 1st team game time? If your view is that that doesn't matter, they can continue to play in the U23/21s or be loaned out, why wouldn't they opt to leave, given past history and the clubs desire to retain it's Stateside complement of players, and why would the club want to keep them?

McKennie is about to leave if he hasn’t gone back already.

Adams is injured so won’t be going anywhere.

Aaronson has a release clause and it expected if you read the various articles circulating to exercise it.

Why would the youngsters want to stay…. hmmmn…..

with the outgoings there will be clear opportunities

Playing in front of 36k at home

Outside the prem not that many clubs with our history or sizeable fan base

The stated ambition it to bounce back.

So there may be one American player left on the books who was arguably our best player this season.

Money talks.

I applaud your 'clarity of mind' Spaldy.

I'm beginning to feel luminated now regarding our next seasons battles in an honest tough Championship League ! 😊

Soon be moving down the sidewalk with some bounce in our step instead of feeling stuck on the ground with lead in your ass.

Defo time to lighten the 'emotional load' & rebuild greater resilience so we can all recover from being knocked down - hopefully anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Why would he want to debate with you - it’s pointless.
    What was that? That is debating

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)