+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players out on Loan

Players out on Loan

With Champ football looking likely, wholesale changes at the club, and no real idea on what the budget or finances will look like, surely it makes sense to try and keep hold / develop, loan players like Gelhardt/Cresswell/Drameh - sure there are others.
    Would rather we keep the above, and ditch some of the overpaid, wasters claiming to be professional footballers, who have failed miserably this season.

Nahh JG and drameh already shopping around. None of the ones shipped out would want to play for us again and I don't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Nahh JG and drameh already shopping around. None of the ones shipped out would want to play for us again and I don't blame them.
    Agreed, and unfortunately not likely to be limited to the loanees, but to those who have performed so well in the "youth" team gaining promotion, but who have had next to no opportunity given to show what they can do in the senior side.

I think that's garbage chaps. The players on loan went because they were not getting games. If a new manager came in and played them they would be happy.
    They did right going on loan but it's up in the air what will happen.
    Fact is they are out players so can't go unless we want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    I think that's garbage chaps. The players on loan went because they were not getting games. If a new manager came in and played them they would be happy.
    The players on loan went out to be shipped around now put that in your garbage lol

It's not garbage at all. Players who signed up to LUFC didn't do so with an expectation that they would be loaned out to Millwall, or Rotherham, or Sunderland, or, or, or, they signed up to a contract with LUFC, aspiring and expecting to play for LUFC, and do so in the first team.

There are just as many "youth" players who signed up with exactly the same aspirations/expectations and who haven't even been loaned out (and I stress, the CLUB decides who gets loaned out, not the player or their representatives/agents), but left to attempt to show their value by performing in the youth teams (and haven't they done well, not that those who have "managed" the senior team seem to have taken a blind f00king bit of notice).

They may be "our players" but what exactly are you suggesting, that we bench them (or loan them out, again) rather than allow them to find other clubs where they might get the opportunity to play competitive football, something they have found nigh on impossible at LUFC?

Seems little point making Armageddon predictions as we will know soon enough in the next few weeks.

Will most likely depend you

New Ownership Structure
    New Manager
    New Head of Recruitment
    Who of the senior players go

With the 49ers in charge and a decent manager then the club may look an entirely different proposition as it clearly will want to get back to the prem.

One player out of contract this summer Brereton Diaz we should make every effort to sign him imho

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    It's not garbage at all. Players who signed up to LUFC didn't do so with an expectation that they would be loaned out to Millwall, or Rotherham, or Sunderland, or, or, or, they signed up to a contract with LUFC, aspiring and expecting to play for LUFC, and do so in the first team.

There are just as many "youth" players who signed up with exactly the same aspirations/expectations and who haven't even been loaned out (and I stress, the CLUB decides who gets loaned out, not the player or their representatives/agents), but left to attempt to show their value by performing in the youth teams (and haven't they done well, not that those who have "managed" the senior team seem to have taken a blind f00king bit of notice).

They may be "our players" but what exactly are you suggesting, that we bench them (or loan them out, again) rather than allow them to find other clubs where they might get the opportunity to play competitive football, something they have found nigh on impossible at LUFC?
    Aren't you agreeing with me in general ?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    The players on loan went out to be shipped around now put that in your garbage lol
    What the hell does your statement mean ?

Aren't you agreeing with me in general ?
    Not in the slightest. The loanees may be out there because they weren't getting game time, the only part of this sad tale we might agree on.

"They did right going out on loan"? Not their choice, and I suspect every one of them would prefer to have played for the 1st team (as the likes of Cresswell, Gelhardt, Hjelde and other all did, and accounted very well for themselves!).

As for being "our players", yes, they are contracted to LUFC, but I doubt we would want to see them dictated to as to returning from loan simply to warm subs bench while dross brought in by our sadly departed DoF continue to disgrace the shirt.

So no, not agreeing with you, generally or otherwise.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)