+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Players out on Loan

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Very good question, I look forward to seeing the several oracles on the subject giving their expert responses.
    Don't be surprised if it is not Charlie Creswell, I felt he came on well over the season, Harry Kane will say his best loan spell was at Millwall, where he learnt his craft. it is not surprising that Gary Rowett has been at the Lions for nearly 4 years. And the most he has spent on any player is £1.7 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Very good question, I look forward to seeing the several oracles on the subject giving their expert responses.
    Klich

More recently

Drameh, Cresswell, Hjelde all back all better for the loan.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Klich

More recently

Drameh, Cresswell, Hjelde all back all better for the loan.
    Not sure if klitch came back better, he just wasn’t recognised by the numpty who loaned him out.
    The other lads have a bit to prove yet.
    Especially Drameh, who needs to prove if he even wants to be at Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Not sure if klitch came back better, he just wasn’t recognised by the numpty who loaned him out.
    The other lads have a bit to prove yet.
    Especially Drameh, who needs to prove if he even wants to be at Leeds.
    Clearly someone has a crystal ball at work.......All those named have played for LUFC in the 1st team, none have done so since returning from their loan spell, and won't be playing in the PL (unless the likes of Luton etc decide they are worth a PL place), so how it's possible to determine whether they are better for having been loaned out is "challenging", n'est pas? Or maybe not, for our resident oracle(s)

No oracle but the whole discussion is disengenous. Let’s face it. When you spend 16 years out of the prem you don’t really get many chances to loan players out to develop for the prem. 3 years isn’t a long period to have success on the concept

I think the fact the big 6 use the concept regularly speaks volumes to its effectiveness

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

I think the fact the big 6 use the concept regularly speaks volumes to its effectiveness
    The big six also hoover up all the best youth players for next to nothing. I think, for example, Chelsea had about 40 players out on loan at 1 time. So if 1 or 2 of them make it, they have still saved a fortune whilst preventing rivals from nurturing talent. Odds are in Chelseas favour.

We are not in the league yet

… and the vitriol keeps rolling on. Not sure what is meant by resident coaches other than yet another snide remark.

Drameh has been on two loans and played for us against Brentford this season - should be have played more - yes - but he still played on return from loan. I am sure there will be some smart Alec response to that though.

Forget the whole thread if Radz retains ownership and keeps big sam. we are toast

If there is a Radrizzani element to the club in the upcoming season, we will be a pariah club, no-one will want to be associated with us (except perhaps other asset strippers). Why would any self-respecting coach (at any level), player (at any level), boot boy etc. want to associate themselves with a club that is already a demonstrable basket case, one owned by a wide-boy who is more interested in his new Italian toy?

I don’t think he will be here much longer. However, you learn the most when you make mistakes.

He has been very successful building a business based around sports rights etc and we were his first football club business.

In the last two years he has made a lot of mistakes but this was not his boyhood club and he obviously invested in part to sell on at a profit - he has already achieved that with the shares already sold and will make yet more when he sells his remains stake.

I don’t think he is all bad he has just fallen out of love with the project and been somewhat naive in my view over the last few years perhaps believing the self generated hype.

It doesn’t mean it was all bad, the Bielsa era was some of the best football I have seen us play and generated a real energy and buzz around the club.

No I don’t want him to be here next year but to compare to Ridsdale is bonkers. What Ridsdale did was so far out there that it resulted in rules to stop some of it it ever happening again (shared ownership of players as an example).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)