+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 187 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Loan players from those clubs Goodwin dealt with at the sheep will be possibilities Celtic (Scales), Middleboro (Coulson), Liverpool (Clarkson). Clubs relegated to Championship and Div 1 down south will also be looking to loan out players. Expect 2 or 3 players from those clubs while avoiding the Anthony Stewart type that Goodwin blundered with.

More importantly I hope Goodwin has learned from the balls up he made with Christian Ramirez which was a major factor in losing the dressing room there.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Middleton in the papera saying he wants to stay
    I think he could do a job at Championship level, if he can get fit and then stay fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Still a decent keeper. But you’ll not find a bigger ars e hole of man this side of the boarder.
    Agree and could end up being another Mulgrew with having too much influence in the dressing room and undermining the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Agree and could end up being another Mulgrew with having too much influence in the dressing room and undermining the manager.
    Agree with this. A fresh start should include no ageing ex Sevco or Sellik players. We should be done with that circus thanks.

Young hungry players with a blend of experience that together fit into a sum greater than the parts please.

And it's a no from me on Middleton assuming we can find him a club.

To be fair any chunt would be better.

Would defo be keeping Middleton, we missed him a lot when he got injured, he did come back end of season but wasn't fully sharp as before the injury

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Would defo be keeping Middleton, we missed him a lot when he got injured, he did come back end of season but wasn't fully sharp as before the injury
    While i like Middleton and really want him to stay, i cannot say he has ever been fit, never mind sharp! If JG can get him to get fitter, that can only be a good thing.

Middleton has been a bit part player throughout his career to date. Impressing in flashes. Now at an age where he should be looking to be more crucial in a team and show more consistency. Might be it works out well for us and him. Would definitely give him the chance to show what he can do next year. Pleased to hear him publicly say he wants to be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Middleton has been a bit part player throughout his career to date. Impressing in flashes. Now at an age where he should be looking to be more crucial in a team and show more consistency. Might be it works out well for us and him. Would definitely give him the chance to show what he can do next year. Pleased to hear him publicly say he wants to be part of it.
    Does your first paragraph not tell us the problem! Why should next season be any different to all the others?

If I was JG I'd want players that'll give me a tune for 90 minutes every week, not players who impress in flashes.

For me, once we have built a strong spine to the team..the rest should be build by looking at partnerships. We need players that are compatible with those around them. We need to build a team and not fall into the trap of just bringing in individuals! Once we rid the team of our gutless superstars..whatever we have left, we need to look at building a fully functional team around them. I am prepared to see us sign some biege middle of the road players that will do a steady and safe job for us. It is a case of back to basics for us as we need to build stability and strength along with a proper team spirit, first and foremost!

Page 15 of 187 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)