+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 84 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

They are in the SPL , we ain’t , we not a big draw for players now it’s that simple , anyone expecting quality signings will have a long wait

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    If folk are expecting us to have our transfer business tied up by a week on Saturday then it would mean signing journeymen plodders like the three we have signed. Personnally I'd rather wait if it means getting a bit of quality.
    Agreed to a point, but you're adding Freeman to the useless column which would mean we're looking for a RB, GK, CB, Striker at the very least, and that's assuming he's going with Glass Mochrie Meekison. Don't think anyone was expecting we would have our side ready by this Saturday but there's plenty who feel we should be further forward. It's not just getting the signatures it's having the time to blend them into a playing style. If we want to get straight back up I can understand Ogren saying he's not paying contracts up but waiting for players to leave to free wages for signings could hamper a good start.
    By the way I don't remember the last time we had our business done early and off to a great start.

*week on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Agreed to a point, but you're adding Freeman to the useless column which would mean we're looking for a RB, GK, CB, Striker at the very least, and that's assuming he's going with Glass Mochrie Meekison. Don't think anyone was expecting we would have our side ready by this Saturday but there's plenty who feel we should be further forward. It's not just getting the signatures it's having the time to blend them into a playing style. If we want to get straight back up I can understand Ogren saying he's not paying contracts up but waiting for players to leave to free wages for signings could hamper a good start.
    By the way I don't remember the last time we had our business done early and off to a great start.
    I'd add a hell of a lot more than Freeman to the useless column, but that doesn't mean he or any others are going to depart. The manager will have his own ideas on that one.

The bottom line is, we aren't a club who can go and get our business done early as that requires us being a club that can splash the cash to get who we want. We can't. It's the same every season. We have to sit tight and wait to see if we are able to land our targets. This season will be even harder due to the predicament we're now in.

I’m not sure what fans are expecting to be honest!

We have an utterly clueless owner, a garbage egotistical manager that thinks he can run the whole club, a poisonous few players in the dressing room, a toxic fan base (and rightly so!)

What an absolute circus!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'd add a hell of a lot more than Freeman to the useless column, but that doesn't mean he or any others are going to depart. The manager will have his own ideas on that one.

The bottom line is, we aren't a club who can go and get our business done early as that requires us being a club that can splash the cash to get who we want. We can't. It's the same every season. We have to sit tight and wait to see if we are able to land our targets. This season will be even harder due to the predicament we're now in.
    Are you saying you're happy with Ogrens approach of not paying up contracts including the worst keeper in the world and waiting for players to leave before authorising more signings? Guess you are!

Hopefully this is unimportant come Spring 2024 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Are you saying you're happy with Ogrens approach of not paying up contracts including the worst keeper in the world and waiting for players to leave before authorising more signings? Guess you are!

Hopefully this is unimportant come Spring 2024 🧡
    I don't think I've ever said anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post
    I’m not sure what fans are expecting to be honest!

We have an utterly clueless owner, a garbage egotistical manager that thinks he can run the whole club, a poisonous few players in the dressing room, a toxic fan base (and rightly so!)

What an absolute circus!
    Pies are no bad mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Pies are no bad mind.
    The Chicken Balti pie of the month was f*cking class. 👌🏼

Now that Levitt has jumped ship ( hopefully we got a fee of atleast £300,000 but knowing United we probably accepted half of that) - I would like to see us use the money by bidding for Lee bonis . Great goalscoring record in the Irish league. We need a goalscorer .

Page 84 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)