+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 137 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Before Watt attempts to be anything, he needs to stop f*cking diving about. Twice yesterday we had a break on and he decided hitting the deck to win a foul was a better option. Big d*ck.
    Agree 100%.
    Turning the defender involves more running afterwards though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Agree 100%.
    Turning the defender involves more running afterwards though.
    True. Turning the defender probably has him blowing out his arse as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    True. Turning the defender probably has him blowing out his arse as it is.
    I think Goodwin will have the balls to see that and ask him to stop doing it. (Not saying Watt will agree to stop doing it)
    Moult will score goals on the deck, floated free kicks from 35/40 yards out are no good to Moult unless there's a knock down and we haven't been good at that.

Tuesday will be a better time to judge if we're improving.

I think part of the reason he dives is he knows even if he beats a man he doesn't have the pace to get away from him

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I think part of the reason he dives is he knows even if he beats a man he doesn't have the pace to get away from him
    I agree with what you're saying but turn the defender and look for the though ball, it's not rocket science.
    Frustrating as ...
    About 3 or 4 times v Peterhead Watt goes looking for a free kick, we lose possession, ref ignores him. It's not a good example from the club Vice Captain.

I think people are being a bit harsh on Watt, he is nowhere near fully fit or sharp yet and that's obvious when you watch him just now, that will get better as he had shown better sharpness and performance when upto speed in those respects

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I think people are being a bit harsh on Watt, he is nowhere near fully fit or sharp yet and that's obvious when you watch him just now, that will get better as he had shown better sharpness and performance when upto speed in those respects
    Maybe, but he did the same when fully fit under Fox.

If I was coaching him I'd make a video highlights tape of him doing it very often and ask him if he realises he's doing it and how often it kills the pace of attack.
    Then I'd find a clip of how it works better when he stays on his feet and tell him that's what I want. Then wait to see if there's any change.
    A player of his calibre in this league shouldn't be diving around.

He needs to go. Spends too much time on the deck or slowing down the gemme.

Trouble with him is, he never actually looks fit. At the moment he looks just like he did last season. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    You are correct of course no point dwelling into the past,the only thing i would add is my criticism of Mulgrew,Asghar and others did happen in real time and not in hindsight.If PT Arab had not posted about Mulgrew i doubt i would have either he is dead to me as a United player.
    Mmmm! Maybe if more people would take heed of past mistakes and certain rumours, maybe Asghar could have been ousted sooner, Fox offloaded with him, and a January keeper signing to save the season. Think certain outfield players didnt help the situation.

Page 137 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)