+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 134 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    My personal opinion - I believe the rumours to be true: that Mulgrew interfered with first team affairs beyond his station last season and was a huge influencing factor in our eventual relegation.

I believe the team downed tools on 3 separate occasions and Mulgrew was a key player in making that happen.

He has reportedly been told he can leave and to find a new club but he’s refusing to leave without his contract being payed up. If he’s been told he’s not wanted then I don’t see him being motivated to help the team.

I think on paper, of course he’d be an asset in this league but for me there are far too many questions about what went on last season.

For the above reasons, I don’t even want to see his name being associated with United, much less considered as a first team player.
    Is any of this based on factual knowledge of what went on or purely speculation and your own belief?

Whilst we still need players in(plus some absolute shyte out) I do think that Moult(if he can stay fit) could be our ticket back up. Message to JG, keep things simple and play players in their best rather than their preferred positions. It's one small step is all but something to at least improve confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Is any of this based on factual knowledge of what went on or purely speculation and your own belief?
    Purely speculation and things I’ve heard from a number of people, both on this board and elsewhere.

It was reported that the players locked the manager (Jack Ross) out of the dressing room - I believe that is factual. Whose idea was that? He is widely believed to have led this ‘player’s revolt ‘. Even if he didn’t, as the most senior player in the squad, he was in a position to shut it down, which he didn’t. This was quickly followed by the downing of tools, the 9-0 drubbing at home to Celtic, the ultimate departure of Jack Ross and the beginning of our inevitable slide into relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    The fact that CM hardly played in any Utd v Celtic games, tells it’s own storey! Always injured apparently?? Get rid!!

think he could be an asset. Thoughts?
    **** no

I think he is past it, don't know about the rumours, but clearly Goodwin doesn't have an issue with what has gone before if Tony watt has been made vice captain.

We need one decent experienced centre half alongside either Holt, deinham or Graham, maybe put Holt to left back. Those three will leak goals.

I don't think we are million miles away with maybe 3 signings, but we are if we don't get them! Also I'm have my doubts about what watt brings to team, slow, one footed and doesn't score goals. You need goals to win games, giving yourself a serious handicap if you do, as we did last season, play with strikers that don't score.

I'm no fan of him, but ye've been telt nonsens there pal. Never happened.

I just don't think he's good enough for what we'll face this season.

Too slow, suspect in the air. Slow moving the ball forward, likely to play a long ball under pressure.
    Time for him to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I think he is past it, don't know about the rumours, but clearly Goodwin doesn't have an issue with what has gone before if Tony watt has been made vice captain.

We need one decent experienced centre half alongside either Holt, deinham or Graham, maybe put Holt to left back. Those three will leak goals.

I don't think we are million miles away with maybe 3 signings, but we are if we don't get them! Also I'm have my doubts about what watt brings to team, slow, one footed and doesn't score goals. You need goals to win games, giving yourself a serious handicap if you do, as we did last season, play with strikers that don't score.
    Remember Watt still building up his fitness , 8 weeks since op. so still a bit to go , do think if Goodwin would play 4-4-2 , him and Moult could be decent

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Purely speculation and things I’ve heard from a number of people, both on this board and elsewhere.

It was reported that the players locked the manager (Jack Ross) out of the dressing room - I believe that is factual. Whose idea was that? He is widely believed to have led this ‘player’s revolt ‘. Even if he didn’t, as the most senior player in the squad, he was in a position to shut it down, which he didn’t. This was quickly followed by the downing of tools, the 9-0 drubbing at home to Celtic, the ultimate departure of Jack Ross and the beginning of our inevitable slide into relegation.
    I was told a lot of things about Asghar which were true but many on here defended him when i posted it,i posted a couple of things about Mulgrew too but if i remember correctly i was told to shut up cos i was blethering shyte as usual.I reckon his fingerprints are all over our relegation its just a pity The Crisp's fingerprints were not all over the ball during crucial games we lost.

Page 134 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)