+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

There is a pic doing the rounds of Birighitti at training and behind the net is a lad in a green training top. Suggestion I saw was it might've been Elliot Parrish.? I'm not familiar with the lad but after a Google search, it did look quite like him

Anyone heard anything other than the Alan Temple rumour of someone outside the UK.?

Is Parrish still with St Johnstone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    There is a pic doing the rounds of Birighitti at training and behind the net is a lad in a green training top. Suggestion I saw was it might've been Elliot Parrish.? I'm not familiar with the lad but after a Google search, it did look quite like him

Anyone heard anything other than the Alan Temple rumour of someone outside the UK.?

Is Parrish still with St Johnstone ?
    I mentioned this last week. It's definitely Parrish. He left St. Johnstone as their no.2/GK coach. A similar role to what Banks was doing at Saints.

Get Jamie MacDonald in. Last season in January we should have brought Michael McGovern in. I want an experienced keeper that knows the Scottish game. JM is the one, with over 500 appearances. Isn't unknown and can do the basics. Not some Aussie playing with his didgeridoo and jumping out of the way of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Get Jamie MacDonald in. Last season in January we should have brought Michael McGovern in. I want an experienced keeper that knows the Scottish game. JM is the one, with over 500 appearances. Isn't unknown and can do the basics. Not some Aussie playing with his didgeridoo and jumping out of the way of the ball.
    Has he been released from Raith then? Not the greatest recommendation if so. JG will find us a keeper!
    #living on a prayer

I think Parrish will come in as GK coach and we'll sign a decent no.1. Newman might even go out on loan with Parrish covering as sub keeper.

Any signing from now on is going to take time to get over the line imo. We've managed to sign the three boys we have because they were easy deals to get done. Patience is going to be required more than ever this pre-season.

I've always wondered, did Goodwin underestimate the extent of how bad Birighitti was? If I had been put in charge of Utd when he came in, I would have been moving heaven and earth, dragging guys our retirement to solve that problem, I still find it hard to believe there wasn't some option out there for us, but there was absolutely no noises after the american keeper deal fell through. When you look at the point difference come the end of the season, I have absolutely no doubt, he single handedly got us relegated, not least some of the 6 pointers he had a hand in (or not as was mostly the case). Don't get me wrong, other players were dreadful, and we had no defensive mids or strikers, started season with two strikers who lacked pace and dont score great deal of goals, but put bog standard keeper in there, we stay us.

He is not even good enough to be a back up keeper in the championship.

I agree with this! ^^ Our next signings will be the tough ones to get over the line as other clubs will be interested, and will be holding out for the best offer. What we have got so far would appear to be the easy, low hanging fruit. Any further incomings will probably have to be off set with the moving on of other players. We are gettng there..and I am sure that JG is working around the clock to try and get things sorted. The size of this rebuild just highlights once more, the issues that TA created. I hope that by dropping down a division, that some of our young lads can take the opportunity with both hands. This is the division that most of them have been loaned out to previously, so this is an opportunity to kick on. We still have to fix our two biggest problems though....scoring goals and keeping goals out! This is going to be our biggest conundrum this season!

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I've always wondered, did Goodwin underestimate the extent of how bad Birighitti was? If I had been put in charge of Utd when he came in, I would have been moving heaven and earth, dragging guys our retirement to solve that problem, I still find it hard to believe there wasn't some option out there for us, but there was absolutely no noises after the american keeper deal fell through. When you look at the point difference come the end of the season, I have absolutely no doubt, he single handedly got us relegated, not least some of the 6 pointers he had a hand in (or not as was mostly the case). Don't get me wrong, other players were dreadful, and we had no defensive mids or strikers, started season with two strikers who lacked pace and dont score great deal of goals, but put bog standard keeper in there, we stay us.

He is not even good enough to be a back up keeper in the championship.
    He's just not a f*ckin keeper full stop, probably just the kid who always stood between the piles of coats cos he was feckin useless everywhere else too

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I think Parrish will come in as GK coach and we'll sign a decent no.1. Newman might even go out on loan with Parrish covering as sub keeper.

Any signing from now on is going to take time to get over the line imo. We've managed to sign the three boys we have because they were easy deals to get done. Patience is going to be required more than ever this pre-season.
    Agreed. We can win this league as long as we get off to a decent start. 2 or 3 more in and we'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Agreed. We can win this league as long as we get off to a decent start. 2 or 3 more in and we'll be ok.
    I think more like 4 or 5 tbh

Page 72 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)