+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 95 of 187 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    I think the problem people have is the question about Tony Watt's attitude. I think we all know he is capable of contributing to the team and scoring a decent number of goals, it's just that he never has scored a decent number of goals for us and tends to be a bit of a bairn if he doesn't get everything his way. I think a lot of people would rather he was shipped out and his very healthy salary used to bring in perhaps two younger/hungrier/better players who you know will give the team more.

That said, Watt will get my full support every time he pulls on a United shirt.
    He's a petulant wee fud and a bad influence on those who look up to him, when he's supposed to be the senior pro/role model. He's also sh*te.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Question - if Goodwin had signed this Mexican striker now at Dens would you be happy with him.
    Played for a team that finished 13th in the Mexican 2nd tier and signed purely on the recommendation of their latest signing.

And we moan about our recruitment policy. Deary me. 🙈🤡

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He's a petulant wee fud and a bad influence on those who look up to him, when he's supposed to be the senior pro/role model. He's also sh*te.
    Great summary there.

Similarly, would folk be happy if we flooded our team with free agents from the Championship or similar level (like the three we have done so far) just to ensure we had a new team ready for next weekend?
    I believe there's a Mexican keeper available, name of Flogaro

If JG is pinning his hopes on Watt to get us back to the top flight then we'd better get used to Friday night football in Arbroath.

Think his hopes will be pinned on the team to get us up

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Think his hopes will be pinned on the team to get us up
    I meant with Watt providing the goals obviously.

Not to put too fine a point on it…

Ok, I mean we can go with that, I was just trying to be a bit more diplomatic. If he is our main striker in the coming season then he is going to need our support.

I think some folk just look at the player on paper, or have a slightly Football Manager™ type approach, which doesn't take into account the player's attitude or mental health, etc. I think this is the case with Tony Watt for one, but also with Charlie Mulgrew - yes, he could be alright for us in the Championship, he definitely has the ability and the experience, but what of his attitude and his alleged meddling in first team affairs in the season just past?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I meant with Watt providing the goals obviously.

Watt is a hopeless gas na pace, poor in the air, is lazy, just have na time for the bloke better if he was out of the club and take his wage thief Mulgrew with him.

Similarly, would folk be happy if we flooded our team with free agents from the Championship or similar level (like the three we have done so far) just to ensure we had a new team ready for next weekend?
    I think a reasonable person would accept a balance had to be struck where the out of contract guys were let go, the clown that cost us so many points replaced, 2 players that are surrounded by so much rumour ditched, and heaven and earth moved to retain the serviced of 2 players, who between them with the right support, could have got us straight back up. As it stands on that score, Fletcher and Levitt are gone, Behich is a question mark and Sibbald may still move on. That leaves the rumour that the Clown is off talking to another club!

The standard of free agents is a huge variable though, from those who really should be told to find a new joab or lower level, to the 3 we have brought in that were well regarded in their previous teams. While they are partly responsible for our demise, Niskanen, Middleton, Graham, McMann and Freeman might be regarded as of a similar standard to the new lads if the emotion from last season is removed. For now, Niskanen is out on offer, and i believe that Graham and Middleton could be huge next season if given the chance!

The problem there is now though is that we do seem to be on our 12th departure, most reported to be big earners and even reported to have received a fee for 2 of them, even the most rational thinking of fans must be expecting the imbalance to be addressed, especially when there may be another 3 departures this coming week.

Page 95 of 187 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)