+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

I really hope we know what we're doing here and aren't just plucking all these freebies from the Championship because they're freebies from the Championship.

Was thinking this too. Hope the Spector of fat Tony isn’t still looming over is. Starting to look like the cheap option route. Hope JG knows what he’s doing here. 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I really hope we know what we're doing here and aren't just plucking all these freebies from the Championship because they're freebies from the Championship.
    I know what you mean. Uncharted territory, maybe just have to trust his judgement here.

I rekon Jim knows exactly what he's doing.

Massive rebuild has started and will continue apace IMO.

If you consider that, Shankland aside, most of our better players in the last 20 odd years have emerged as decent players whilst at DUFC and we knee very little about them until they came into the 1st team and impressed. Jon Daly, Noel Hunt, Craig Conway, Prince, Gomis, Andy Rob et al. None of 'em came with an established rep.

The type of boys Jim is bringing in don't look like the 'shrinking violet' type. I'm sure any 'passengers' hanging on their Premier league salaries will soon be given a reality check from the new boys.

We can't afford the finished article type boys. We need hungry mad *******s that will play out of their skins for the jersey.

It won't happen overnight. But I believe what is happening now is exactly what is needed at our beloved club.

Glad we didn't get dunne if we were after him, always looked a dumpling at mwell and st mirren, in fact bit concerned we if we were in for him. I think these are ok signings given our predicament, sadly that is where are because those in charge decided not to do anything in January. I'm struggling to find much enthusiasm at moment at thought of having to go through all this championship malarky again.

The 2 we have signed so far are both players their clubs wanted to keep but chose to leave. I would be worried if we were signing Championship players that clubs have released.

So far, to me, it looks like JG is the first United manager in a long time that appears to actually have a plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Was thinking this too. Hope the Spector of fat Tony isn’t still looming over is. Starting to look like the cheap option route. Hope JG knows what he’s doing here. 🤞
    He isn't. If he was, we wouldn't be signing these kind of players.

I think , both have captained a team, which can't be that bad (hud on tho)

Just watched their interviews there. They both seem totally aware of why they are being brought in, and what needs to be done. And more than happy to contribute to the cause.

But, then again, I'm a sap for a soundbite...

Few mentions of the "players that are staying" none named unfortunately..

Interesting indeed.

He isn't. If he was, we wouldn't be signing these kind of players.
    They aren't internationals which is a blessing. They know the Scottish game. They will be better than Harkes and Pawlett which many on here told you, Tony, last year. You thought you knew better, we created loads of goal-scoring opportunities while restricting the opposition to hardly any chances............

Your international keepers earned..............

Page 48 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)