+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 128 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

If Grimshaw was brought in for starting 11, how's he not getting minutes tonight to bed himself in and get a chance to gel with team-mates way of playing before start of league campaign? Strange times indeed from my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    If Grimshaw was brought in for starting 11, how's he not getting minutes tonight to bed himself in and get a chance to gel with team-mates way of playing before start of league campaign? Strange times indeed from my point of view.
    I think JG is still in the middle of a long hard look at the players he has at his disposal. Maybe already knows Grimshaws ability and needs time to make a decision on others. By the sounds of it, more changes required in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    By the sounds of it, more changes required in the squad.
    Hopefully, JG is doing the generic ill stick up for my current players type answers when he states he is very happy with the current squad knowing fine well there is more room to maneuver and bring actual quality in.

All we have done so far is build what is a mid-table championship squad at best. We are now at a stage where all eyes have to be on the chairman. He said we would go straight back up, he said he would back us, but all we have done so far is look like we are gearing up for a long stay at championship level. There has not been a single signing yet showing we mean business but yet JG is happy with what we have.

IF we start the season with this squad in its current state, or with some poor pointless additions then Ogren should be hounded out. Ogren needs to be hit where it hurts even more than he is now to get him away, the fact he has had offers in the past suggests there are offers there that would mean he wouldn't let us go in to admin but rather take what ever he can get.

Unfortunately, our main core of fans have historically been more the type that just takes whatever sh1te is thrown up and whilst I do not mean to insult anyone who throws way more money into the club than I do, as someone who works close to business owners I know that the only way to get real change is to hit their pocket. The club know the core of the support go regardless and if Ogren is slowly clawing any money back by cost cutting further then he will stick with it as long as he can get away with it until it no longer makes sense for him

I wonder if the current wage budget is higher or lower than when were last for promoted. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it were similar or even higher. If so, this will be the reason no funds are forthcoming from the owner. Pure speculation on my part and were unlikely to ever find out.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I wonder if the current wage budget is higher or lower than when were last for promoted. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it were similar or even higher. If so, this will be the reason no funds are forthcoming from the owner. Pure speculation on my part and were unlikely to ever find out.
    getting papped out of the cup early doors will have an impact on the budget and now strengthen rivals like Thistle who will now be looking forward to a potential money spinning tie against the old firm and extra tv revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    it cant possibly be higher than when we signed a chunk of players in January then summer including Shankland, Pawlett etc. We also did not have the luxury back then of money from players like Levitt, Souttar and potentiall behich. This is a completely different scenario now. Back then it was a setup that meant business and was investing to go up, now we are clearly cost cutting to not go further in red

Read on twitter that JG is not actively looking to recruit after moult signed yesterday as he is happy with his squad!

Also no surprise behich is leaving.

I hope the recruitment part isn’t true. I don’t think this squad looks anywhere near good enough to compete in this league.

Well if JG is happy with the squad, then that is grand! If results don't start to go our way, then it is down to him. Personally, I think we are threadbare with no real competition for places. I still think there might be another couple of loans come in at the last minute depending if we manage to get rid of some of the big earners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    getting papped out of the cup early doors will have an impact on the budget and now strengthen rivals like Thistle who will now be looking forward to a potential money spinning tie against the old firm and extra tv revenue.
    Or they could just as easily be playing a non money spinning tie vs Greenock Morton or Hamilton.

Bring back the days when you could wheel and deal throughout the season until transfer deadline day. When the window shuts we will be praying for miracles. United according to Craigen love to shoot down the hill in the second half of games. I haven't seen any evidence of United looking to attack the opposition. We are just void of ideas, as has been the case for a number of seasons.

Page 128 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)