+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 173 of 187 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Daily Ger suggests "Goodwin has revamped his squad and is still working on another possible striker. He is keen to add another striker and has sounded out a couple of options."

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'm pretty relaxed about it, we are competing with Premiership clubs for the better players, if we only sign one then fair enough, we can still do loan signings till end of Sept

We have a decent keeper unlike last term, are strong defensively overall and will always nick a goal at this level even without Moult (imo) and there is still January
    Of course you're relaxed, you were relaxed all last season too. Honestly don't know what world you live in, one full of clouds and cuckoos possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'm pretty relaxed about it, we are competing with Premiership clubs for the better players, if we only sign one then fair enough, we can still do loan signings till end of Sept

We have a decent keeper unlike last term, are strong defensively overall and will always nick a goal at this level even without Moult (imo) and there is still January
    That's good we can still get loan signings til the end of September cos loan signing it's liable to be.
    Gives us another month to try find a diamond in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Daily Ger suggests "Goodwin has revamped his squad and is still working on another possible striker. He is keen to add another striker and has sounded out a couple of options."
    Was in the press yesterday more or less saying a striker wasn't 'the one' we are working on.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Was in the press yesterday more or less saying a striker wasn't 'the one' we are working on.
    Thinking about this overnight I've come to the conclusion we probably won't sign a striker.
    We play with a wide man and one striker.
    Moult is going to start every game when fit so any really decent striker isn't going to want to come in and wait for Moult to miss games. So I'm not too confident we'll add there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Thinking about this overnight I've come to the conclusion we probably won't sign a striker.
    We play with a wide man and one striker.
    Moult is going to start every game when fit so any really decent striker isn't going to want to come in and wait for Moult to miss games. So I'm not too confident we'll add there.
    Cant remember if its in this thread, but ive seen mention elsewhere that the "DAB Slayer" in chief is on the rumour board as inbound. While i accept that he could come in and do a joab, Mochrie is supposedly part of the deal, then there is the fact that some things just cannot be forgiven! I just hope there is someone who has dropped that in JGs shell-like!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Cant remember if its in this thread, but ive seen mention elsewhere that the "DAB Slayer" in chief is on the rumour board as inbound. While i accept that he could come in and do a joab, Mochrie is supposedly part of the deal, then there is the fact that some things just cannot be forgiven! I just hope there is someone who has dropped that in JGs shell-like!
    Yeah, StuartDuffArab on page 164. Straight swap deal proposed by Dunfermline but United would want a fee. I don't fancy this deal, but mostly because I want to see Mochrie playing for us and doing the sort of thing we've all seen videos of during his various loan spells.

Layton Bisland has just been shipped out to Falkirk for rest of the season, was hoping to see him feature for us this season. Especially with recent injury to Freeman.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Yeah, StuartDuffArab on page 164. Straight swap deal proposed by Dunfermline but United would want a fee. I don't fancy this deal, but mostly because I want to see Mochrie playing for us and doing the sort of thing we've all seen videos of during his various loan spells.
    I agree, don't see the value of losing a player who still has potential for a Championship player who's probably not going to improve.
    We have a bit of a problem though because we've got several young players all vying for first team positions, none of them so far seen as exceptional and we can't accommodate them all.
    Meekison Mochrie Glass Fotheringham MacLeod, maybe add Cudjoe there too.
    Glass looks like he has the manager's confidence at this stage but I can't see us ever playing a first choice side that includes all those players.

Ahh that's better, nae more keech to read from downsouth, forgot ignore was a thing on here

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    That's good we can still get loan signings til the end of September cos loan signing it's liable to be.
    Gives us another month to try find a diamond in the rough.

Well it's a market worth exploring, especially during Sept where some players aren't being a look in down south

Walton is an example of a good loan signing, thankfully we got our main business done early to allow us the decent start in the league

Page 173 of 187 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)