+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 183 of 187 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1861

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    hearing JG had told Mochrie that Watt is his No.10 for the season and he is free to find another club probably will need to be a loan initially.
    Wrong decision for me if that’s true; Watt can be a good player, but just seems happy to tag along with occasional bit of good play. He is not fit enough to be a No10. Mochrie from what I’ve seen more mobile and just as skilful, should be the better prospect and younger.

We should not let him go without a transfer fee or development compo.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    hearing JG had told Mochrie that Watt is his No.10 for the season and he is free to find another club probably will need to be a loan initially.
    Criminal if true. No incentive for Watt to improve his not great performances to date.
    Hard to understand exactly what Goodwin is seeing that everybody else is missing.

The timing of this makes me sceptical, wouldn't make much sense to wait until the transfer window is over to make that decision, when you can't move the player on, and are stuck with an unhappy player. I'm hoping to see Mochrie at some point this season. Once Sibbald and Docherty are fit, manager left with dilemma of whether to restore or keep Glass in if he can maintain form, and if he decides to return them, does he include Glass further up, add to that Fotheringham's form, those two are putting pressure on the underperformers like Watt and Middleton. I just don't get the risk and reward with persisting blindly with Watt, it's not like Argentina building a team round Messi, an on form Watt would contribute, but I don't see his contribution in that no10 role as any better than Cujoe, Milddleton, possibly even Glass and Mochrie. Neither Watt or Middleton have been terrible, at least Middleton has a goal and an assist, but they have both been generally underwhelming so far and it's hard to keep justifying their starts.

Would agree that the timing makes no sense. The decision itself makes no sense either. Tillson, Sibbald, Docherty, Glass, Mochrie, Meekison is to me a fantastic balance in a midfield. Think all 3 young midfielders have lots to offer there.

Agree that Watt and Middleton have to feel the pressure to perform. Would not be disappointed to see one or both dropped. Can always play a 3 in midfield which I think suits us really well. Although it was only Peterhead. Meekison and Mochrie playing together in that game was very good and creative.

On a separate note. Efford has been released by Motherwell. A striker we were linked with in rumours early in the transfer window. With loans still possible for Stirton and/or McLeod, I wonder if he might be a possible shout. Don't know much about him mind you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Would agree that the timing makes no sense. The decision itself makes no sense either. Tillson, Sibbald, Docherty, Glass, Mochrie, Meekison is to me a fantastic balance in a midfield. Think all 3 young midfielders have lots to offer there.

Agree that Watt and Middleton have to feel the pressure to perform. Would not be disappointed to see one or both dropped. Can always play a 3 in midfield which I think suits us really well. Although it was only Peterhead. Meekison and Mochrie playing together in that game was very good and creative.

On a separate note. Efford has been released by Motherwell. A striker we were linked with in rumours early in the transfer window. With loans still possible for Stirton and/or McLeod, I wonder if he might be a possible shout. Don't know much about him mind you!
    Dont want JGs job for picking his first midfield combo when all are fit! Tillson had a good game at the weekend and should only get better, Sibbald and Docherty have nothing to prove and Glass seems to have found someone to believe in him and give him the chance. Does Glass have the ability to replace Watt with any 2 from Tillson/Sibbald/Docherty behind him?

I'm gonna trust JGs judgements on this, he's doing a decent job so far and I find him likeable which is something I never thought I'd say, would love it if it works out long term with him and Utd

With regards Mochrie, if true, tbh I've never seen it with him, one performance at Ibrox apart, has had limited game time but not limited training time with the team where he will be seen on a daily basis

Isn't it nice to have dilemmas about choice compared with concerns about who will wear the shirt?!

Long may these pleasing challenges persist.

I like Mochrie and think there is potential there. Maybe a loan but still have hope he’ll make it one day here

Agree with others. When Doc is fit we need Glass further up and that will put Mochrie further down pecking order

Middleton and Watt not great so far and need to get fit and start performing

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Dont want JGs job for picking his first midfield combo when all are fit! Tillson had a good game at the weekend and should only get better, Sibbald and Docherty have nothing to prove and Glass seems to have found someone to believe in him and give him the chance. Does Glass have the ability to replace Watt with any 2 from Tillson/Sibbald/Docherty behind him?
    I agree with what's been said about it being good to have competition for places (although there's no competition for the number 9 jersey)
    When Docherty and Sibbald are fully fit, 100% fit, I expect them to be first choice with Tilson replacing one to add energy in the final 30 minutes of a game.
    The strange one is that we can all see Glass is already better than Watt but the manager has nailed his colours to the mast big time with Watt, even going as far as making him vice Captain.
    Glass has earned his right to stay in the team but it looks like if the manager has to choose only one of the two he's going to go with Watt. Will be interesting to see the starting 11 for the next couple of games.

Cannae edit without deleting the post, but just to add look at the goal Glass scored on Saturday, when did we last see Tony the Blog do that!

Page 183 of 187 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)