+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

by my count we have 24 Senior players just now. People talking abut 9/10 signings for us

a 34 man squad is far too big

I think he's exaggerating our travelling support slightly…

As much as i think we would all love the club to be emptied top to bottom and for us to start again...it is both not financially possible or sensible. We have some players in the squad that will be potentially massive in the championship and we may struggle to get any players in that are better than what we have because we are in the championship. As much as a hate nearly every single one of these charlatans...they would walk into every single other team in the championship and improve them! I think we have to see who, wants to make up for last season and feels guilty and responsible enough to try and want to fix it. The defence and the keeper clearly need emptied...and I would prioritise getting rid of CM as a coach and also our goalkeeping coach. It will be an interesting week next week, to see what direction we take. It's going to be a big task but I feel more comfortable now that we have a manager that has had benefit of having seen how these guys "battled" last season and I doubt any of them will be able to pull the wool over his eyes. His first job at Aberdeen was to empty Scott Brown...so he will find it easy enough to get the bad eggs out of our club.

Good post. 👍

Hope we are having a look at midfielder Liam Kelly . 27 years old and ex rep of Ireland u21 . Out of contract with Rochdale. Looks a good wee player from clips going back a few years. https://youtu.be/wI5IUV_pNMk

Hearing there's a couple of signings expected next week.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Hearing there's a couple of signings expected next week.
    Hopefully. However I’m getting the feeling that the calibre of player is going to be suited to the championship.

I don’t have an issue with that as long as we have a well balanced team, and the players are full off passion aggressive and prepared to roll up the sleeves in middle of December at Morton.

..they should cope alright... if we buy up Mortons best players!

If we buy some Morton's rolls we may eventually get something out of TW...

Starting to look like Ogren has decided not to spend any money. Basing this on the fact that no contracts have yet been negotiated out - surely if he was willing to invest a little more we would have seen at least one first team departure.
    I think he's calculated that an overall reduction in playing staff and other payroll cuts will balance costs until contracts run down.

Hope to be proved wrong on this.

Page 40 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)