+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Transfers in and out Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Warne played a back 4 as well, maybe he will stick with this? We seem to better defensively even if our front line needs to improve. Which i think it will with player getting used to each other.
    I think PW has suggested that he is happy to switch formation according to how the game is going which always seems sensible. Personally I agree with you...defensively we look stronger with a back four...and the Nyambe signing seems a good fit for either option.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...and, touch wood, he seems to have a very decent fitness/appearance record which, unfortunately, I’m not so sure can be said about too many of our other summer ‘signings’.
    Not sure why you put signings in parenthesis, the club did after all sign them! I'm not certain, but not aware that any of those signed had poor injury records in the past. Obvs the two loans seem suspect, but the guy from Sunderland was coming back from a serious injury and tbh a quality loan who isn't a kid is likely to be someone recovering from injury.

Having said that, we do seem to have had poor luck on the injury front though perhaps it helped in the retention of Bird.

Because, as you say, some are loans rather than signings and because, of those who’ve joined, at least four (Bradley, Wilson, John-Jules and Embleton) have had recent significant injury issues, plus Elder arrived with an injury that I’m not certain he’s completely recovered from.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-09-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Not sure why you put signings in parenthesis, the club did after all sign them! I'm not certain, but not aware that any of those signed had poor injury records in the past. Obvs the two loans seem suspect, but the guy from Sunderland was coming back from a serious injury and tbh a quality loan who isn't a kid is likely to be someone recovering from injury.

Having said that, we do seem to have had poor luck on the injury front though perhaps it helped in the retention of Bird.
    Point of order. These are parentheses ( ) or even { }>. The word signings is not in parentheses, but rather is within single inverted commas.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Point of order. These are parentheses ( ) or even { }>. The word signings is not in parentheses, but rather is within single inverted commas.
    Indeed my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Because, as you say, some are loans rather than signings and because, of those who’ve joined, at least four (Bradley, Wilson, John-Jules and Embleton) have had recent significant injury issues, plus Elder arrived with an injury that I’m not certain he’s completely recovered from.
    Whether they are loans or permanent transfers they still sign a contract and are therefore all signings. So the parentheses not required. Ah yes I did forget about Elder being injured. Bradley as far as I am aware has just been dropped for being crap!

No interest whatsoever in the ‘parentheses’ argument...but Bradley played just 19 matches for Luton last season...John Jules just 17 for Ipswich, before injury sent him back to the treatment table at Arsenal...Wilson managed 5 appearances for Bristol City in an ‘injury ravaged’ season and Embleton doesn’t appear to have kicked a ball for about 18 months. So hopefully you’ll see what I mean. I know we have a limited budget - albeit a lot less limited than some in the league - but I do query the wisdom of contracting too many who appear to be crocked.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)