+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Macca to Leicester?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I thought there was pretty much a consensus on here that, assuming we have an average-to-good off season on retention and recruitment, we'd be challenging for the last play-off spot.

If we get things right, there are only a half-dozen teams we might not be able to top yet.

We're rightly worried because we could be losing 2 of our top 4 players (or 3 of top 8). But we should be very excited about what the radar is lining up. The recruitment team is going from strength to strength.

Burgess, Chilvers, Spicer and co are not coming this time (what happened after our last promotion)
    My hope is that with a good summer we can push for top seven at least. But I wouldn’t see mid-table as a massive disaster if it takes us a bit more time to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean about patience. Notts fans have always been quick to start moaning, and I think four years in the NL where we expected to win pretty much every game has changed our mindset a bit. We'll have to get used to much tougher opponents and more draws and losses.
    Yes that is something that will need to accepted. When you have won 32 games, scored 117 goals in the regular season and only lost once at home, and have a player scoring 40+ goals it’s a bar that is so high it’s a freak event. We are lucky we have been alive to witness this once in the clubs 161 year history season.

So on this basis people should understand that a league higher things will be much different and more like a typical season for most clubs.

To win over 20 games next season would be an achievement. Likewise losing less than 1/4 of our games would be an achievement. That would be enough to see a challenge for the top seven.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789