+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Who would be an upgrade then?
    Haaland - he must be bored by now

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Who would be an upgrade then?
    Not necessarily an upgrade Bongo. What happens when Ollie gets injured or needs a rest?

No way is Duran capable of replacing Ollie in Unai's teams.

Striker being an upgrade would be a bonus.

Well not complaining about the transfer window but the striker situation is a worry, every position seems to have back up, Duran is not back up, he's a progressing luxury, he's still young with a lot to learn, plenty of promise, we do have Zaniolo but he's not a number 9.... saying that I'm happy with our summer recruitment. Not every club can be like Chelsea and completely ignore FFP.

My sentiments exactly, Dave. Unai appears to have been very methodical in his transfer business.

It’s his system, and he needed his type of players. He doesn’t seem to play with an out-and-out striker, so we stick with what we have.

No complaints, as such. I just love a big horrible striker, whose sole purpose is to score goals, being the dinosaur that I am.

Wish we'd kept Young & Archer but can't have everything, overall very happy with the window and we are stronger than last season now. Duran can hold the ball up and keep centre halves busy, we are getting goals across the side so we'll be ok if Ollie gets crocked, I'd be more concerned if Konsa were to be out as Cashy needs defensive help in front of him and Bailey doesn't offer that.

Can't wait for Ramsey to come back, he usually shines in big games and this is where we need to pick up points to finish higher.

Not Villa related by West Ham getting JWP is a shrewd piece of business don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Wish we'd kept Young & Archer but can't have everything, overall very happy with the window and we are stronger than last season now. Duran can hold the ball up and keep centre halves busy, we are getting goals across the side so we'll be ok if Ollie gets crocked, I'd be more concerned if Konsa were to be out as Cashy needs defensive help in front of him and Bailey doesn't offer that.

Can't wait for Ramsey to come back, he usually shines in big games and this is where we need to pick up points to finish higher.

Not Villa related by West Ham getting JWP is a shrewd piece of business don't you think?
    Agreed, WCV. JWPs set piece delivery completely overshadows his all-around play. His only letdown being is all too often his over-exuberance, and timekeeping when it comes to tackling.

Very good player.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)