+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- The Joker cometh (NBA Finals thread FAO Notts78 & anyone interested)

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Didn’t watch game 4 after staying up and watching us get blown away in game 3. I was optimistic we’d be competitive but sadly Denver are just too good. Jokic is an awesome player. As you said AC his playmaking is out of this world. His dominance at rebounds is unreal. He scores all manor of points.
    With all that said, they are far from a 1 man team. This mornings blow out showed that.
    Sure, Aaron Gordon was a number 1 option in Orlando and Denver are lucky they've got such a talent to play No. 3 or 4. Then, the GM added some great complimentary pieces...

I feel sorry for your Heat. They got to the finals because of their superior culture - beating teams that weren't ready (not counting NYK), so it's tough on them to get so far and run into a very talented team that's disciplined as well. Maybe they'll be getting Lillard for next season?

This Joker is no joke. Watching the highlights the day after.

Was listening to a (non-basketball) podcast before the series starts and a former college hoops player and NBA fan was saying that Denver are just "too big" and the Joker "too good".

He can do everything bar jump..

Nuggets to take it.

Denver NBA Champions - Joker Finals MVP

His reaction to it all? 'It is good' 'Now we can go home'
    And not too keen on the celebrations, just wants to get out of USA and back to Sombor

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NjCl9TkcMzE

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Denver NBA Champions - Joker Finals MVP

His reaction to it all? 'It is good' 'Now we can go home'
    And not too keen on the celebrations, just wants to get out of USA and back to Sombor

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NjCl9TkcMzE
    A series too far for the Heat sadly. Joker was imperious. His rebounding was a massive difference, let alone his scoring and assists. Possibly the easiest MVP in NBA history. That said, they are far from a one man team.

Fair play Denver, fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    A series too far for the Heat sadly. Joker was imperious. His rebounding was a massive difference, let alone his scoring and assists. Possibly the easiest MVP in NBA history. That said, they are far from a one man team.

Fair play Denver, fair play.
    Glad you can see it that way.
    Denver are not my team but I've been following and rooting for Joker for a few years. I'd like to see them become a dynasty.

Heat were victims of their own success. Where is their true level - the regular seasons where they struggle to even qualify or the play-offs where they come into their own (3 C-Finals and 2 NBA-Finals in 4 years)?

'Heat Culture' has been vindicated and it means doing things the right way - and that's the opposite of player power
    It's a free agent destination for the weather, culture and no state taxes in Florida, but to be there players have to accept the Heat way. This is set by Pat Riley obviously. When Lebron and Wade went to him to get Spoelstra fired he told them where to go. The coach is in charge not the players. If you don't keep the low weight and body fat in those famous regular weigh-ins and if you don't follow the orders of the coach, you won't play. Simple as that.

Their rivals, the Celtics and Sixers for example, have obvious player-power issues. The players are in charge - they do what they like down the stretch of games, are allowed to be unfit and undisciplined. Heat is run like the military so they beat teams like this, with more talent maybe, in the play-offs. Sad thing is though, I can't see others copying their formula (only if it brought them a title). More likely Heat Culture will die with Riley and the end of Spoelstra. For now they're still chasing more stars like Lillard and Beal to have any real chance.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 16-06-2023 at 07:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12