+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switching system

Switching system

Wondering if we are contemplating a switch of system with the signing of Randall?

Using contracted players

GK - Slocombe

RB - Brindley/TAR
    CB - Rawlinson
    CB - Baldwin
    LB - Chicksen

CM - Palmer
    CM - Bostock

RW - Randall
    CAM - Scott/Austin
    LW - Jones

CF - Langstaff/Morias

Seems fairly balanced but we really need further reinforcements this year unless I've forgotten anyone?

Looks good on paper, but I'm not sure LW would so easily discard the system that got us promoted. He's been more willing to retrain players to play wingback than changing the formation so far.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Looks good on paper, but I'm not sure LW would so easily discard the system that got us promoted. He's been more willing to retrain players to play wingback than changing the formation so far.
    Randall is a left sided player according to transfermarkt, but reading sutton fans comments on him, he's got no left foot. He may well be the attacking left wingback we've been crying out for, nemane's replacement if we keep last years system.

I would be suprised to see us ditch the system, after the signing of one player. I think it is more likely that Will Randall could be moulded into that more attacking LWB we have been wanting. A change of role worked reasonably well for the guy who played number nine for us last season

I very much doubt we’re going to abandon the system.
    I think he’s another player that fits the clubs non-negotiables; talented, versatile and good work ethic.
    The rest is coachable!

Good replies.
    LW has a system that's worked. It's got its variation and roles specific to them, which he's spent a year coaching his players how to play.
    You hardly ever see a coach change a winning system - it usually something provoked by a losing spell.

I think we could see a new system, decent teams even in NL kind of sussed us out towards the end of the season. No reason we can’t still be high pressing, high intensity and possession based but we can’t leave Macca as isolated as we were doing towards the end of the season.

Possible line up in my preferred 4-3-3 with ‘definite’ players available to us

…………………….Slocombe

TAR…………Rawlo………..Baldwin……..Chicks

………Austin……...Palmer…..…Bostock

……..Macca………..Scott………….Randall

Quote Originally Posted by tsanho View Post
    i think we could see a new system, decent teams even in nl kind of sussed us out towards the end of the season. No reason we can’t still be high pressing, high intensity and possession based but we can’t leave macca as isolated as we were doing towards the end of the season.

Possible line up in my preferred 4-3-3 with ‘definite’ players available to us

…………………….slocombe

tar…………rawlo………..baldwin……..chicks

………austin……...palmer…..…bostock

……..macca………..scott………….randall
    “jones is available!”

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    “jones is available!”
    Touché…..oh I don’t know, I’ll leave it to the gaffer!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Touché…..oh I don’t know, I’ll leave it to the gaffer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast