+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Song to Run Out to

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    On a more general note, does anyone know which club originated the “Everywhere we go, watching super xx” chant. A bit weird to hear both sets of fans singing their own renditions of it at Wembley.
    I know it’ll always be associated with the promotion, but I hate that chant. Generic shyte sung by every team. With the new PA system I hope we get some really good choons to get the atmosphere going before kick off. Freed From Desire and all that. Hate to say it, but the atmosphere they’ve got going at the City Ground nowadays has probably helped them stay up.

As for run out song I’d go for ‘Black and White Town’ by the Doves or ‘She Bangs the Drum’ by the Stone Roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Newish Pie View Post
    Out of interest, what did County run out to before Seven Nation Army? 'County's the Team for Me' gets an airing from time to time in the build up to games, but I'm a bit surprised that a team as old as Notts doesn't have something older/more traditional.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm an Everton fan really, but I've been watching County when I can since the relegation season. For Everton (and weirdly, Watford) 'Z Cars' as the 'run out' music is iconic, and goes back to the 1960s. I was going to say that Seven Nation Army was quite recent, but wikipedia tells me it's 20 years old now. I don't remember County coming out to anything else since I started watching them... does it go all the way back to its release, and what did they run out to before then?

Don't get me wrong, it's great as a run-out song. Just curious.
    We came out to ‘The boys are back in town’ for a while in the 90’s and early 20’s!

I’d rather just something like ncfcog says, get the fans going with the song before the players run out and let the atmosphere take over from there. For me the atmosphere is lost when the music is playing….can’t hear the fans at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    We came out to ‘The boys are back in town’ for a while in the 90’s and early 20’s!

I’d rather just something like ncfcog says, get the fans going with the song before the players run out and let the atmosphere take over from there. For me the atmosphere is lost when the music is playing….can’t hear the fans at all.
    For a short time under Trew we came out to “Three Little Birds” as voted for by the NCM massive.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    For a short time under Trew we came out to “Three Little Birds” as voted for by the NCM massive.
    That was around the time we first started using the pot-house grow lamps on the pitch wasn't it?
    and then Fullarton got appointed...

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Yikes... 'Seven Nation Army' is such an upgrade on 'The Boys are Back in Town'. In the absence of anything with a historical pedigree, my vote would be to stick to 7NA.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like "Everywhere we go"... it's a horribly contagious earworm virus, and it's pretty much perfect as a terrace chant... easily recognisable intro that's just the right length so it can catch on, requires no great singing ability so easier for someone to start, two-syllable customisable team reference, no complicated lyrics to learn, short and repeatable so it can build and fade quickly.

It's too good, therefore it's everywhere. Victim of its own success. Think I first heard it at the York City game, but I think the Kop was singing it then too, so it must be older than that. But perhaps not that much older?

To say "Everywhere we go" at Wembley was was contagious and let's be honest overkill is an understatement.

It's a simple, noisy, fun, catchy, does its job and therefore very popular chat but it's generic, its shallow, it's paint by numbers with no identity. I hope it slowly disappears, before more traditional classics are lost. I guess at Wembley, with over 22,000 we needed very basic universally known songs but back the Lane and on the road we need that diversity back IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    To say "Everywhere we go" at Wembley was was contagious and let's be honest overkill is an understatement.

It's a simple, noisy, fun, catchy, does its job and therefore very popular chat but it's generic, its shallow, it's paint by numbers with no identity. I hope it slowly disappears, before more traditional classics are lost. I guess at Wembley, with over 22,000 we needed very basic universally known songs but back the Lane and on the road we need that diversity back IMO.
    All ya need is 2 4 6 8 and a Rattle Simple. 😃

"another one bites the dust" ?

'Black & White town' by Doves.

Play it before the F*t game.that'll go down well

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    'Black & White town' by Doves.

Play it before the F*t game.that'll go down well
    Absolutely perfect, if you ignore the actual sentiment of the song......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast