+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cameron signs for Stockport

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, Stockport with no other additions will be right up there with Wrexham.

Watching them in the play-offs, it's notable how they recruit - big physically strong players who can play as well (and they'd have been promoted instead of Carlisle if it wasn't for injuries).

I'm all for the bros' long-term, measured approach and a year of consolidation is fine by me, but if they really are ambitions for a back-to-back, double-promotion, they need to realise that Wrexham and Stockport will leave only 1 auto spot left, so it'll be back to a kind of NL scenario.

To try to avoid that, we need to put forward competitive offers to the likes of Kyle Cameron.
    All Notts fans will back them whatever, they've won back our league status....as long as the club's aware of what it'd take, if they're wanting back-to back...
    To be honest, I'd be happy to be in with a chance of sneaking 7th place. Any talk of automatic seems too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    To be honest, I'd be happy to be in with a chance of sneaking 7th place. Any talk of automatic seems too soon.
    Yeah me too, even happy with mid-table consolidation.
    Still, it'd irk to give a leg-up to rivals and it'd be no fun losing captains and best players to the likes of Stockport. Most will be hoping it's all bollox

Think the title of the thread needs changing to 'Allegedly' until fact....

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I fully understand why players have their heads turned by big money offers, it’s only natural, but I’d like to think when we make an offer to a player it’s our best and only offer. If money is the motivation and they can get more elsewhere then don’t stand in their way. Playing for a club on the up like Notts has to be worth a few extra quid anyway, especially when you consider the way the club is run, the coaching staff and facilities etc. Oh and of course the wonderful fans!
    I would love us to keep KC but a signing on fee of 100 or 200k and larger wages is massive for players in the lower levels - I certainly couldn’t call him if that’s what he did,he’s been a top player for us and helped us get out of the NL

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Stockport are definitely a club on the up as well though, and they may get there faster than Notts. They've been throwing money around for a few years now, signing players that most other teams at their level wouldn't be able to. They're much close to Wrexham than Notts in that respect, and I fully expect them to push for automatic next season.
    They averaged 9,068 this season which was the 54th highest in the top 4 tiers (18 places higher than their league position in the pyramid). The last season Stockport stayed up in tier 3 (2008/09) they averaged 6,130 - but note that was the 56th highest average gate (only 2 places lower than this season despite being 3k less) which is a good indication of just how much gates have risen across football.

Even if KC signs for Stockport and we do sign DM, I wouldn't believe it was the money paid to McGoldrick that stopped us from keeping Cameron. We will have already made him a good offer and we should not be held to ransom by players, especially now as our recruitment is much stronger than it used to be.
    What might be happening is we would be signing a player of proven ability at a higher level than the one we are at now, and would be losing an unproven player at this level.
    The sad thing for me is that it would render all the Wembley tears and badge kissing a sham, regardless of what money KC might be being offered.

Like any industry, a big wage rise for the same job is very tempting. If you're happy at your current company and the wages aren't too far apart then it's another matter. Also players families count alot in their decisions. I would like Cameron to stay but trust Notts to find a suitable replacement if not.

I just want to know about Ruben ha ha.

Would love to resign KC as he is a better than decent player but is prone to mistakes and if he goes we should be able to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by leeh769 View Post
    Confirmed by them on Twitter by @countyextra
    Bet you believe in fairies as well as football rumours

Well to throw this story around. I have it on good authority that both Ruben and Kyle have accepted their contracts in principle. They are just away at the moment so can't sign official.
    Macca on the other hand has offers in the lower half the championship so I think we may well lose him but for a decent price.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast