+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 📝McGoldrick signs

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    That was a later " night match", it took a little time to get into his stride, but then it all took off.
    That happened near the end of the 0-0 draw with Lincoln, 4 days after the Northampton match. Then on the Saturday, Hateley scored his first two goals of his second spell in a 2-0 win at Southport.

The Lincoln match was one of only four home games which Notts didn’t win that season (0 defeats)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Ruben will be going to Oxford
    On what facts is this based upon? - or is it just your opinion. I'm not trying to be funny, just would like to know where you heard it from.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    On what facts is this based upon? - or is it just your opinion. I'm not trying to be funny, just would like to know where you heard it from.
    From a friend of a friend who read it on football rumours site

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Apparently someone who people think is Ruben's father has started following Oxford on Instagram, it's flimsy and circumstantial at best

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    That happened near the end of the 0-0 draw with Lincoln, 4 days after the Northampton match. Then on the Saturday, Hateley scored his first two goals of his second spell in a 2-0 win at Southport.

The Lincoln match was one of only four home games which Notts didn’t win that season (0 defeats)
    One of my favourite players and I recall him taking over from the injured Stan Newsham in the promotion season 59/60. Gutted when he went to Aston Villa and that we couldn't carry the momentum to go up to the 2nd tier. The Lincoln game was such a disappointment, I guess because the expectation was so high. But the season went well and laid the foundation for a certain Sir Les. Don't recall why Big Tone moved on as I was in the midst of emigrating.

Hope Didzy can do just as well even if he doesn't score in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    One of my favourite players and I recall him taking over from the injured Stan Newsham in the promotion season 59/60. Gutted when he went to Aston Villa and that we couldn't carry the momentum to go up to the 2nd tier. The Lincoln game was such a disappointment, I guess because the expectation was so high. But the season went well and laid the foundation for a certain Sir Les. Don't recall why Big Tone moved on as I was in the midst of emigrating.

Hope Didzy can do just as well even if he doesn't score in the first game.
    Stan Newsham was one of my childhood idols. My dad first took me to see Notts in the 1959/60 season when they got promoted back into Div 3. I used to stand in the kids pen which was on the old Spion Kop directly behind the goal where I could smell the wintergreen on George Smith. We used to run onto the pitch at the final whistle to pat the backs of our sweaty heroes. Alan Withers and Don Roby dashing down the wings. Roy Horobin and captain Bob Forrest as inside forwards before midfield came along. I think I could just about name the whole team.

Sheff United regular for 45 years. We bought McGoldtick from Ipswich and he looked decent for them but often injured, so there was no fanfare when he joined us. However must say he’s easily one of the best Sheff Utd players I’ve ever seen. Like most Blades and Derby fans you don’t realise how good he is until you see him week in week out. This guy is pure class and stood out a mile in the Championship and had a few games where he was the best player on the pitch in the Premier League.

His strengths are brilliant 1st touch and awareness, very intelligent player who finds space between midfield and attack, brilliant as attacking midfielder creating loads of chances, seems to have eyes in the back of his head, good making simple but killer short passes.

Weaknesses are he has no pace (so getting older has no effect), wasn’t that good in the air and not a natural goal scorer, not much power in his shots, at SU he often looked to pass instead of shooting.

So even though he scored plenty at Derby I don’t really rate him as a goal scorer.

However his quality is pure class, even now he’s an upper Championship level player. Derby fans were shocked at how good he was in league 1, so it’s almost a nonsense he’s playing in league 2. Should easily be the best player in the entire league.

Check out the recent Bladesway YouTube channel and the comments about Didzy. Also check out the David McGoldrick thread on the S24SU forum. He’s still hero worshipped at SU, very hard worker on the pitch and a brilliant attitude, always so humble with a gentle temperament.

You are so lucky to have him and Sheff Utd fans are jealous, with many saying we’d like him to return to play for us in the Premier League next season.

You’ve been warned. My prediction is that after 10 games your fan base will be raving about him saying you never realised he was this good and you’ll be running a pill if he’s the best County player you’ve ever seen. I’ll return in. few months and try not to say “I told you so”

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post
    His strengths are brilliant 1st touch and awareness, very intelligent player who finds space between midfield and attack, brilliant as attacking midfielder creating loads of chances, seems to have eyes in the back of his head, good making simple but killer short passes.
    We suddenly have a vacancy for exactly that type of player!

Can't wait to see him in action.

You’ve been warned. My prediction is that after 10 games your fan base will be raving about him saying you never realised he was this good and you’ll be running a pill if he’s the best County player you’ve ever seen. I’ll return in. few months and try not to say “I told you so”
    Some of us will be most pleased if you do end up saying it

Sheff United regular for 45 years. We bought McGoldtick from Ipswich and he looked decent for them but often injured, so there was no fanfare when he joined us. However must say he’s easily one of the best Sheff Utd players I’ve ever seen. Like most Blades and Derby fans you don’t realise how good he is until you see him week in week out. This guy is pure class and stood out a mile in the Championship and had a few games where he was the best player on the pitch in the Premier League.

Weaknesses are he has no pace (so getting older has no effect), wasn’t that good in the air and not a natural goal scorer, not much power in his shots, at SU he often looked to pass instead of shooting.

So even though he scored plenty at Derby I don’t really rate him as a goal scorer.

However his quality is pure class, even now he’s an upper Championship level player. Derby fans were shocked at how good he was in league 1, so it’s almost a nonsense he’s playing in league 2. Should easily be the best player in the entire league.

Check out the recent Bladesway YouTube channel and the comments about Didzy. Also check out the David McGoldrick thread on the S24SU forum. He’s still hero worshipped at SU, very hard worker on the pitch and a brilliant attitude, always so humble with a gentle temperament.

You are so lucky to have him and Sheff Utd fans are jealous, with many saying we’d like him to return to play for us in the Premier League next season.

Thanks for posting that. With the qualities you describe, he seems like a perfect replacement for the player we lost yesterday

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast