+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s not weep if Ogbene moves on

Let’s not weep if Ogbene moves on

He’s a footballer. A product of the conveyor belt .

I’ve loved Chio from the off. I’ve met him personally in the corporate lounge and spoke at length with him. A great young man and a very polite conversationist. If he moves on, all well and good, let’s not all get in in a flap if he does.

Tremendous athlete who can skin any player. Can’t cross a ball and definitely not a centre forward. An infectious loveable player but as a club we can now do better.

More or less certain he's going so like I've said find his replacement up to this level. All the time I've been watching millers players like Lyons Watson Mcbride Lee etc... have gone on to better things for them but no players are bigger than the club.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    More or less certain he's going so like I've said find his replacement up to this level. All the time I've been watching millers players like Lyons Watson Mcbride Lee etc... have gone on to better things for them but no players are bigger than the club.
    Mcbride!!! Apart from the divot goal at Hillsboro' which made him a cult figure, he was bang average. Not even in top 200 Millers of all time.

Over rated and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. I don't care if he goes to The Millers B team at S6 to join the rest of our Championship cast offs. I'm sure MT feels the same.

I completely agree Brin.
    He's a lovely, charismatic guy but I've never understood the ludicrous over-hyping of him as a footballer.
    I have been fortunate enough to watch the likes of Barry Lyons, Ian Butler, Alan Crawford, Tiger Towner and Chris Sedgewick and they were all classy wide players who could cross a ball and bang in a few goals as well.
    Sorry Chieo but you're not intheir league and if, or probably when, you move on I'm sure we can get someone better.

I’d risk taking Wing.

I think chio is a fantastic player and will be a big miss. Sure his crossing is not the best but hes got super pace, works hard defensively, terrifies defenders when he runs at them, can head the ball too. Creates gaps for others when the opposition send 2 & 3 players to close him down.
    good luck and best wishes go with him if he leaves.

He must have the biggest smile in the sporting world which I’ll miss
    Also we need someone to take over his post victory celebrations….Haks ‘keeper didn’t even move’ Odoffin might be a strong candidate and he’s got previous in that dept as Boro know only too well

Will be hard to replace, but not impossible, after all,who had heard of Ogbene before he signed.
    At this level to find a quality winger is very hard we've had many attempts over the years and since Tiger,the only real gem was Sedgy,but the Chieo is probably one of best of the rest.

At this level we're probably not going to get a winger who's got all of: pace, ability to beat a man, good crossing, hard work and consistency. I'd argue Chieo has at least three of those though, and even at the elite level wingers who have consistency are very rare. I'd love him to stay. But agree that if he doesn't, we say thanks and move on, try to get a good replacement and hopefully bank some kudos for helping a Brentford cast-off to turn into an international man-of-the-match winner.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast