+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players currently being released

Players currently being released

Ok, so we are managerless and inbetween owners.
    So, who has the final say on players being released?
    The tea lady again?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    The tea lady again?
    Has to be Kinnear doesn't it? Or any assitant coaches that are still lurking behind the scenes. 🤔

Hmmm , players to be released....hardly rocket science is it.

Just as disappointing to me is that the news on Foreshaw and Robles appears on the BBC site before Leeds even put anything up on their own! 🤐

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    The tea lady again?
    The only LUFC staff able to act on the clubs behalf are, for the time being, those with a contractual relationship (or ownership of) LUFC, as until the EFL give the green light, majority ownership remains with Radrizzani.

So right now, given Kinnear has never been responsible for the playing staff side of things (and would in any case need to get authority from the current owner), I suspect the only person able to provide a "Release List" is good old Milanese hypocrite, Rarizzani. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Just as disappointing to me is that the news on Foreshaw and Robles appears on the BBC site before Leeds even put anything up on their own! ��
    The retained list mentions them, and both their contracts expire this year, so that's how the club can get rid, without the ownership issue being resolved.

Personally, given how hard the Championship will be to get out of, I would have kept Foreshaw. Robles only signed for a year, so presumably was planning to look elsewhere anyway?
    Last edited by WTF11; 12-06-2023 at 05:53 PM.

Foreshaw was pretty decent last few games but sadly it seems there is always an injury not far away , but agree he may have been worth keeping on , maybe a pay as you play kind of deal?

I think Forshaw and Robles not being offered anything is largely because there is no owner, no manager and no DoF, once they're in place a decision can be made but honestly with Forshaw I'd want to see a pre-season out of him before I commit to any deal. Robles I'd keep for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I think Forshaw and Robles not being offered anything is largely because there is no owner, no manager and no DoF, once they're in place a decision can be made but honestly with Forshaw I'd want to see a pre-season out of him before I commit to any deal. Robles I'd keep for sure.
    Agreed Rev, it's more a case of "we can put them on the list for release because they have no contract to renegotiate" rather than a positive decision to let either go.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The retained list mentions them, and both their contracts expire this year, so that's how the club can get rid, without the ownership issue being resolved.

Personally, given how hard the Championship will be to get out of, I would have kept Foreshaw. Robles only signed for a year, so presumably was planning to look elsewhere anyway?
    Both have been invited to partake in pre season, but allows them to look elsewhere, not ideal, Robles is a no brainer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)