+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- What's happening in Nottingham?

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    The problem is not with the police or media releasing information it’s the idiots who have to speculate before the facts are known, just to look good on social media. There’s some of that happening on here to a limited degree and I’m sure plenty more on other social media channels. I’m sure there’s folks down there now taking selfie’s in front of the police cordons ffs.
    Agree Totally

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Interesting now that an eye witness says the first 2 victims were stabbed “in a frenzied attack” - not shot, as first reported by the BBC News.

It also doesn’t help when the media provide inaccurate information and try to make themselves look good either. The facts will, no doubt, emerge in due course.
    I managed to get this ( and more) information off a mate off WhatsApp. BBC News is horribly inaccurate at short term news reporting most of the time. Which opens the door for far worse reporting. Deadlines, targets etc in the Media need addressing. But wont be due to the huge conflict of interest.

It’s being reported a 31 year old West African migrant (with a history of violence) has stabbed and killed a 50 year old man..2 19 year old students. He’s also ran a van into a group of 3..leaving one in a critical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    It’s being reported a 31 year old West African migrant (with a history of violence) has stabbed and killed a 50 year old man..2 19 year old students. He’s also ran a van into a group of 3..leaving one in a critical condition.
    You reap what you sow...

The people that died didn't sow anything. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If it was terror motivated it would be a bit weird to go out at 4am, the purpose of a terror attack is to inflict maximum damage and long term fear, so you'd expect them to target shoppers at peak business hours. It could be, but this looks to me like somebody's lost the plot over something domestic related.
    It's possible for someone going through a psychotic episode to act out what they've seen and heard about terrorist attacks without having such a defined sense of purpose or motive themselves. As you say, 4am in the morning isn't the usual choice for terrorist seeking maximum carnage and attention, but it does tally with a night of severe intoxication and/or the time associated with the most suicides, namely 4am to 6am. The rational side of the brain goes to sleep in the early hours, exacerbating any feelings of anger or despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    The people that died didn't sow anything. R.I.P.
    I'm not on about those poor innocent people who were brutally murdered by some moronic immigrant . Its more to do with the scumbags we let into the country whose natural environment is to carry knives and machetes.. Thats the problem.

"The two 19-year-old victims were students at Nottingham University, where they had just completed their first-year studies and were preparing for the summer break."

Heartbreaking. How must their parents feel? Imagine if it were your child. So sad. Condolences to their families.

As an actual victim of terrorism, I'll just say that my thoughts are with the families of the victims, and that I hope the press allow a proper investigation to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm not on about those poor innocent people who were brutally murdered by some moronic immigrant . Its more to do with the scumbags we let into the country whose natural environment is to carry knives and machetes.. Thats the problem.

Spot on.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast