+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I can't wrap my head around Oxford, they're a slightly bigger Mansfield, same colours, both only have 3 stands, just a weird choice
    Money talks, espcially agent fees...

Didn't LW say something about "outside influences" earlier in the season? With that, I can imagine the move suits the agent far more than it does Ruben.

I can't wrap my head around Oxford, they're a slightly bigger Mansfield, same colours, both only have 3 stands, just a weird choice
    I'm told that Derby's interest ended round about the time of the P/O's, Cardiff most prob didn't think he was good enough for Championship footy, no idea about Barnsley, so the choices for him may have been somewhat limited. Praps tempted him away with a nice signing on wad, who knows? It's done now, on we go.............

I don't understand people questioning why he's chosen Oxford over Cardiff or Derby. Oxford could be a great stepping stone for him at this stage of his career. Let's not forget he'll be climbing two levels of the pyramid. A poor season at Cardiff or Derby, where the pressure to succeed would be much greater, could shatter the lad's confidence.

Notts just uploaded this...

Good luck Rodders. I echo what most are saying regarding Oxford strange decision indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Money talks, espcially agent fees...

Didn't LW say something about "outside influences" earlier in the season? With that, I can imagine the move suits the agent far more than it does Ruben.
    Yeah, I think it's definitely his agent pulling this. Be interesting to see how he handles it if Oxford struggle again and if we are looking for another successful year

Yeah, I think it's definitely his agent pulling this. Be interesting to see how he handles it if Oxford struggle again and if we are looking for another successful year
    I certainly wouldn't mind him back on loan in that scenario.

Ah, Ruben Rodrigues. What a player, what a guy. I wish him all the best at Oxford.

Time for us to move on now. Onwards and upwards.

I can understand the frustration but let's look at this logically. Oxford have been a sound L1 club for a few years now. They're a similar sized club to us, and he's stepped up a division. Not only that he will be playing under a coach who is very similar too Luke Williams. 1 more good season could see Ruben earn a move to the Championship.

Upsetting news, but no surprise.

I'll probably want to add more to this thread tomorrow. I'm not that interested in where he's gone.

If it is Oxford, as other say he won't be facing as much pressure as at a Derby or a Cardiff. There, it would be 'show me what you can do' at Oxford it will be more 'what a coup, thanks for coming'. Maybe he has more chance there of showing the stuff that'll earn his NEXT move up. Remember he said he wants the MLS...well that might take more than one sound, succesful stepping stone.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast