+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Good luck to him, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Always had the talent but blossomed under LW. Massive contribution to the promotion campaign despite tailing off in the final quarter - maybe due to injury and/or distractions from elsewhere. Whenever he played he offered that unpredictability and intricate skill that unsettled opponents and required their close attention.

Delighted to have watched him playing and being part of the NCFC story - thanks & best wishes to him.

We will replace him and continue to progress accordingly.
    It could turn out to be the biggest mistake of his career. But i wish him all the best wherever he goes, and thanks for some great moments..

This news just confirms that Notts simply need to get back to League One, their natural level quickly, it's no goods fumbling about in mid table in League 2 we have an ambitious manager and Oxford are NOT a bigger club than Notts, just better at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    This news just confirms that Notts simply need to get back to League One, their natural level quickly, it's no goods fumbling about in mid table in League 2 we have an ambitious manager and Oxford are NOT a bigger club than Notts, just better at the moment.
    Hang on a minute is this Oxford United who just avoided the drop to L2 last season or City who have just arrived in the NL.

Did notice that the our own Craig Short was a coach at United last season and I presume he still is.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It could turn out to be the biggest mistake of his career. But i wish him all the best wherever he goes, and thanks for some great moments..
    Just watched the Oxford video on Youtube (won't link it here and I hope nobody else does)...there's a touch of naivety about it all, going up another level doesn't mean everything's better and he's going to find that out for himself.
    The other impression you get is that he really wanted a change after 3 years - many people are like that, but very often the grass isn't greener.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    "The manager,
    The way he plays,
    The ambition of the club,
    The facilities are amazing"

But Ruben, he asked you to talk about Oxford, not Notts.

That answers my cheeky post.

Thanks for the memories. We will now see if he is League on quality, if indeed it is Oxford he has gone too.

"My agent has been talking about it for a [long] time now ... but obviously I had to focus on promotion"

Move on, nothing to see here. Ruben, thanks for the memories, but I honestly hope you regret listening to those whispers in your ear.

(Also, Oxford media team: probably give better advice and/or edit those bits out! Not a great look....)

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    The other impression you get is that he really wanted a change after 3 years - many people are like that, but very often the grass isn't greener.
    That's exactly the way that I read it, AC. Some players just do, they like change and new surroundings and are not comfortable staying at the same club. It's the change of scenery that enthuses them. Teks all sorts.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast