+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Oxford average league home attendance last season - 8,393 for 13th in L1, not bad

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Oxford average league home attendance last season - 8,393 for 13th in L1, not bad
    About the same as Notts would get if they were in League One, also fwiw Derby fans are equally miffed that he's gone to Oxford.

Good luck to him, he's gonna need it at Oxford United. I must say what an odd decision, finished a couple of points above the relegation in L1. I guess Jodi Jones had only good things to say about them even though they couldn't be ars*d to nurse him through his injury. Their lose is our gain for sure. I have a feeling we may be waving to Ruben as we pass each other at the end of the season. We clearly were not going to compete with the wages and he was probably offered a good signing on fee but I can't see how this is going to improve him as a player, just his bank account.

I think Matty Palmer would be a bigger loss, he is the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    "The manager,
    The way he plays,
    The ambition of the club,
    The facilities are amazing"

But Ruben, he asked you to talk about Oxford, not Notts.
    Yes it did seem he was talking about Notts, was expecting him going to a better club than Oxford, must be a money thing.

Odd move but good luck to him, he’s a great player and seems like a cracking lad.

I would have loved to see him play at Derby, their fans must be gutted at the transfer window so far.

Oxford fan here. Last season was hopefully an outlier for us. Previous to that we had a top 10 finish and two play off finishes. We have a top 6 budget for League One and have wealthy owners who will back the new manager in this summer window.

I am very happy with the signing. I understand why it may on paper look odd for Notts County fans of why Oxford, but Oxford are currently a step up from Notts County on and off the pitch, with the aim being to reach the Championship and move into a new stadium in the near future.

The irony of all this is that it could be JJ that fills his boots and takes his shirt ...!!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The very best of luck to him. Obviously more money then we can offer. I cannot see the logic in it for him but that's life. Derby or a large League 1 club absolutely. But Oxford. Could be the position from which to kick start an amazing transfer window and Mcgoldrick can fill a lot of his assets anyway and has played his role. Disappointed but not worried. Plus he was crap in the play offs.
    Hmm performed brilliantly in the last 2 seasons didn’t have the best of play offs but was crap enough to save us getting beat and taking the final to penalties(plus scoring a penalty to take us up)
    Out of order mardy comments ,he gone’s higher probably big signing on fee and larger wages fair play and good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by oxford95 View Post
    Oxford fan here. Last season was hopefully an outlier for us. Previous to that we had a top 10 finish and two play off finishes. We have a top 6 budget for League One and have wealthy owners who will back the new manager in this summer window.

I am very happy with the signing. I understand why it may on paper look odd for Notts County fans of why Oxford, but Oxford are currently a step up from Notts County on and off the pitch, with the aim being to reach the Championship and move into a new stadium in the near future.
    Well I wish him well anyway and yes I agree at the moment Oxford, in fact any club in League One is a step up from Notts County, we need to change that as soon as possible.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast