+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

I don't think he's good enough for L1 - I can't see him starting regularly.

In any event, best of luck to him. I think he'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Upsetting news, but no surprise.

I'll probably want to add more to this thread tomorrow. I'm not that interested in where he's gone.

If it is Oxford, as other say he won't be facing as much pressure as at a Derby or a Cardiff. There, it would be 'show me what you can do' at Oxford it will be more 'what a coup, thanks for coming'. Maybe he has more chance there of showing the stuff that'll earn his NEXT move up. Remember he said he wants the MLS...well that might take more than one sound, succesful stepping stone.
    Probably something to this.

He's a confidence player and is far more likely to be treated as the star turn at Oxford than he would be at Derby. At Cardiff he could have ended up a squad player (if it was ever on).

Not a bad stepping stone for a bigger move and a good run in L1 makes it far less of a risk for a solid Championship side than it would be for a non-league standout

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Let's not forget he'll be climbing two levels of the pyramid.

When did Mighty Oxford get promoted to the championship have we been dreaming
    I spose the way they are looking at it is, the last games he played for us were in NL, Therefore, it's 2 leagues?

Thank you Ruben, and good luck for the future. It was always a pleasure to watch you play for our great club 💕

C'mon, how can you not like the lad.......

https://twitter.com/i/status/1668643198741143554

So RR becomes the first of “The Undeniable Heroes” to leave the club.

For RR it’s a step up two levels from playing in the National League to League One.

It can’t begrudged a player moving up two levels especially at 27 years old. The move to Oxford will give RR the opportunity to establish himself as a League One player and he may the chance to play in the championship before he is 30 whether that is at Oxford or a stepping stone to another club.

He has been hugely influential in helping the club achieve its goal of getting back into the football league. For him its mission accomplished. RR leaving should not warrant bitterness but massive thanks for the goals, assists and the moments and actions along with his likeable personality that endured him to fans.

He helped us home and now it’s time for him to fly the nest.

Good luck to Ruben, he's been a joy to watch and hope he does well for himself. Can't help but feel Oxford is a poor move for him though.

Thanks for your contribution Ruben, and best wishes for the future.

Anyone considered that Oxford is a beautiful place to live if you have money?

Prior to last season Oxford finished in or around the 3rd tier play offs three seasons in a row, so they probably convinced him they've had a blip and will be challenging again for a place in tier 2 next season.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast