+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Anyone considered that Oxford is a beautiful place to live if you have money?
    It is indeed, beautiful county, with England's most stunning city. If he's been offered very good money (wages and signing on fee), likely to play week in week out, and be based in or around the city of dreaming spires, it sounds a pretty good package to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Dont know what their backroom setup is or their style of play but if it is not similar to ours i think he may not get the results he has here. Changing clubs is always a risk and this one certainly seems to fit that category.
    They have a up and coming manager in Liam Manning like we do who like LW, Oxford like to play pocession football with a high press.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    They have a up and coming manager in Liam Manning like we do who like LW, Oxford like to play pocession football with a high press.
    Thanks for that info makes sense, would say our up and coming manager has done better so far. They can keep their hands off him though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Let's not forget he'll be climbing two levels of the pyramid.

When did Mighty Oxford get promoted to the championship have we been dreaming
    He's gone from the National League to League One, how many levels is that?

As shocked as I am that he has chosen Oxford I would just like to thank the man for 3 brilliant years of service to Notts, a class apart most weeks and no doubt a popular figure with both players and fans...finally LW can concentrate on filling that position and judging by his singings so far he is more than capable.. now let's draw Oxford in the League Cup

He’s done a great job for Notts and I wish him a successful future. It was good to see him sign off with that crucial goal at Wembley.

His choice of Oxford might have something to do with the style of football they intend playing next season - but who knows?

Good luck Ruben hopefully you will move on to a better club and better more realistic support than that of Ox****e United. Their fans hate us for sending them into the conference years ago. Just don't like their fans. Whatever happened to live and let live?

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Is he? Got sacked by MK Dons after getting 15 points from 60 and leaving them 6 points from safety. Doesn't sound very up and coming to me. He coached abroad before MK Dons, sounds very Ian Birchnall. His record from the 10 games at Oxford is only a 20% win rate and just avoided relegation to L2.

I still think it's an odd move for Ruben's career

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Is he? Got sacked by MK Dons after getting 15 points from 60 and leaving them 6 points from safety. Doesn't sound very up and coming to me. He coached abroad before MK Dons, sounds very Ian Birchnall. His record from the 10 games at Oxford is only a 20% win rate and just avoided relegation to L2.

Players come and go, we move on.. I wonder where wonder boy Nemane wonder will end up ?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post

Similar stats then to LW before he came to notts taking just 1.13 PPM while at Swindon.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast