+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    No. But for the very reason I wouldnt dream of mentioning Ruben in the same breath as 2 genuine Notts County legends.
    To fans much younger than me Reuben will probably be a legend especially scoring the equaliser at Wembley. Not everyone can remember the likes of Hateley, Masson, Needham etc.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    To fans much younger than me Reuben will probably be a legend especially scoring the equaliser at Wembley. Not everyone can remember the likes of Hateley, Masson, Needham etc.
    Or Lawton.

Has anyone been in the Lawton Bar recently. Just a few, obviously very old photos in there. Very sad looking.

Why not rename it the Macca Bar or the Jodi Bar or the Promotion Bar? With lots of new and exciting recent photos.
    And then in a couple of years when they have moved on and we have new heroes, do the same again.

It might seem like sacrilege to some but honestly how many fans today ever saw him play?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Or Lawton.

Has anyone been in the Lawton Bar recently. Just a few, obviously very old photos in there. Very sad looking.

Why not rename it the Macca Bar or the Jodi Bar or the Promotion Bar? With lots of new and exciting recent photos.
    And then in a couple of years when they have moved on and we have new heroes, do the same again.

It might seem like sacrilege to some but honestly how many fans today ever saw him play?
    We need a Notts County museum, open all year round!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Maybe he thought it was speculation on our new Portuguese radar signing, Ruben Lêávês.
    Ruben certainly left one on an Imp to concede the decisive penalty in the 47 th minute tonight.

Ruben has done well. Certainly better than I expected. He has talent and the right attitude, but I felt lacked the pace to play a lot higher. Good luck to him.

For those of you who derided his decision to join Oxford and said it was a bad move to a club that would swap divisions with County.
    Oxford are in the League One play-offs after finishing 5th.

Well done also to Craig Short who I am sure is still first team coach at Oxford. Always thought Trew got rid of CS too soon after having the courage to appoint him in the first place. I’ve no doubt Short would have benefitted from an experienced DoF being appointed along side him rather than given the boot.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415