+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer Rumour & Transfer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    We are excited to announce the acquisition of Andy Dallas on a three-year deal.

The 23-year-old forward joins the Reds as a free agent after his contract expired at Solihull Moors this summer.

Dallas spent the back end of last season on loan at Chesterfield, with whom he reached the National League Play-Off Final, with the Spireites narrowly losing out to Notts County in May.

Khaled El-Ahmad, Barnsley FC Chief Executive Officer, said: “We are pleased to be able to bring Andrew to Oakwell after beating off competition from several other clubs in the EFL.

“We look forward to seeing him begin working with the coaching staff and we wish him the best of luck during his time at Oakwell.”

The Glaswegian is over the moon to be here at Oakwell, telling us: "I'm buzzing to finally be in the door and to get to work straight away.

"I have no doubt Barnsley is the right place to be, it's an exciting time to be joining this massive club.

"I also share the heartbreak of a late play-off defeat which makes me hungrier than ever to put it right this season and take this club forward."

Welcome to Oakwell, Andy Dallas!
    Good luck Andy at Oakwell.

The welcome statement ticks the usual boxes--
    --"beating off competition from several clubs"
    --"buzzing to be here"
    --"exciting time to be joining this massive club"
    ---"hungry to take this club forward"

Whilst hoping he makes the two league step up in level i think some perspective is needed amongst the fanfares. Our expectations have been lowered to the extent that we are again being asked to rejoice that we have secured another free signing from non league. The signing is what it is--a punt that may come off, as with Lopata from Woking, with no fee and ordinary wages for the Third Division.

It could be genius from James, it could be another quietly shuffled away.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Good luck Andy at Oakwell.

The welcome statement ticks the usual boxes--
    --"beating off competition from several clubs"
    --"buzzing to be here"
    --"exciting time to be joining this massive club"
    ---"hungry to take this club forward"

Whilst hoping he makes the two league step up in level i think some perspective is needed amongst the fanfares. Our expectations have been lowered to the extent that we are again being asked to rejoice that we have secured another free signing from non league. The signing is what it is--a punt that may come off, as with Lopata from Woking, with no fee and ordinary wages for the Third Division.

It could be genius from James, it could be another quietly shuffled away.
    There is an old saying " if you dont buy a ticket you dont win the raffle " , lets hope we bought a winning ticket with Dallas , as I have said previously I love it when a promising lad from non league gets a chance because even if it doesn"t work out they always give it their best shot , another Pinnock type story would be nice , we will see . Looking at the squad now I would think a couple of defensive additions & we would be good to go , I also expect some of the young pro"s to be loaned out here & there to gain experience & of course the possibility of Styles moving on but I would love him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    There is an old saying " if you dont buy a ticket you dont win the raffle " , lets hope we bought a winning ticket with Dallas , as I have said previously I love it when a promising lad from non league gets a chance because even if it doesn"t work out they always give it their best shot , another Pinnock type story would be nice , we will see . Looking at the squad now I would think a couple of defensive additions & we would be good to go , I also expect some of the young pro"s to be loaned out here & there to gain experience & of course the possibility of Styles moving on but I would love him to stay.
    That's what I was saying Shads--it's a punt as most transfers are. All I am thinking is that the pond we are fishing in seems to have gone down a grade. Most of the free transfers that came off last season with Duff's organisation had EFL experience--your Caddens, Phillips, Connells. Now we are expecting non league players to step up.
    Who knows who will be sold if the right bid/ release fee comes along-Williams ? Kitching ? Connell? Phillips ? Styles
    ? Iseka?

We are happy to announce the signing of Corey O’Keeffe from Forest Green Rovers for an undisclosed fee.

A right wing -back who can operate in midfield, the Republic of Ireland youth international pens a contract until 2027 at Oakwell.

Starting out at Birmingham City, the 25-year-old has amassed over 170 appearances in English football and becomes our sixth signing of the summer transfer window.

Barnsley FC CEO, Khaled El-Ahmad, commented on the addition: “We are pleased to be able to welcome Corey to Oakwell.

“He will add further quality to our squad ahead of the start of the 23/24 campaign and we look forward to seeing him begin work with Neill and the coaching staff.”

Doug O’Kane

I’m not currently aware of any more deals on the cusp of being done but others being worked on. Everyone knows centre-back is priority position.
    #barnsleyfc
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 25-07-2023 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Okane

Welcome to Oakwell Corey.

One for the statisticians--

Forest Green Rovers conceded the highest number of goals in the EFL (Champ, Lg1,Lg2) last season with 89 goals, 11 more than any other club. Corey made 41 appearances for FGR last season at full back, having moved from Rochdale

The second worst defence last season was Hartlepool Utd with 78 goals conceded. Goalkeeper Ben Killip made 29 appearances for them last season

We can certainly find the diamonds to polish leaving the turds for someone else to work on.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 26-07-2023 at 04:46 AM.

I’m trying to stay positive SB perhaps they both regularly delivered man of the match performances.

Wrexham interested in norwood

Wrexham are plotting an ambitious move for Barnsley striker James Norwood, says Alan Nixon.
    Norwood, 32, joined Barnsley ahead of last season and went on to net 11 goals in 42 League One outings during his maiden seaosn at Oakwell.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/26/wrexh...-barnsley-man/

Sorry Grass missed that.

Well they’ve certainly got the money to attract Norwood and with Mullins now out injured for a few months at least he’d be pretty much guaranteed a starting spot. At his age I’d have thought a decent pay day would be a tempting option?

A rumour that we may be about to swoop on Kyran "Nat"Lofthouse,with Ahmad beating off competition from other clubs. Ticks the boxes--

a free agent
    from non league (Woking). good understanding with ex Woking's Lopata
    another right back/ centre back
    low wage demands
    22 year old, another diamond to polish for Collins

It looks like non league free agents is our pond of choice to fish in this window.

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast