+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Official Summer Rumour & Transfer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    To be honest I am not sure how you can judge anything on goal celebrations, last year Cole was supposed to be unhappy according to some because of his muted celebrations ,but the lad is still here & doing a great job , different people react differently but I honestly think that judging a group of players by how they celebrate goals is frankly looking for something that is not there .
    Not individuals Shads but how the 'team' celebrates a goal is my point. Last season, whoever scored was mobbed by almost all of his team mates. When that type of thing happens it shows a great team spirit and togetherness in my eyes. It's an all for one and one for all type attitude where every player is delighted for their team mate. It exists in most teams that are successful.

The goal celebrations on Saturday were a bit subdued for my liking with just 1 or 2 players going to congratulate their team mate. That suggests that there's not the same team spirit and togetherness in the camp this season as there was last season.

I always look for things like this as a gauge to what the spirit in the camp is like. It's very important at clubs like Barnsley where there shouldn't be egos or superstars causing unrest in the dressing room. Togetherness has always been our strength over the years. Every successful Barnsley team has always had a close knit relationship within the squad. Unity is a massive part of forging a successful team at Oakwell and always has been. I find it slightly disconcerting when I see the type of celebrations that I saw after our goals on Saturday. These kind of things usually tell their own story. Just my opinion

Tarns hoping to sign josh kayode from millers
    hoping £££

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    Tarns hoping to sign josh kayode from millers
    hoping £££
    Fingers crossed we do.
    Didn’t know anything about him - but a striker at 6’3” who can bring others into play is something this message board has discussed over and over again since the Dike and Morris era.

Looking at his stats he’s probably a striker that doesn’t score that many - but when he’s playing others around him score more than what they usually do.

I thought the club had ditched the idea of playing a target striker - so if he signs there’s been a change of direction.
    Which IMO is great news.

This could be through influence from Collins.
    Tampa reports said he liked to play with a big lad up front.
    Can only see one downside of this - if we start to lineup with a target striker then this will greatly influence how the team plays going forward.
    So if we get one - then we need a backup in case of suspensions and injuries etc.

Kayode is no way near a League 3 top 10 goal scorer which is what we need.

Another reason to stay sat in my armchair.

Remember the good old days, Winnall, Bradshaw, Fletcher, Toney and also Watkins who added goals to our team.

Oh boy another Kayode and a similar scoring record by the looks. Just what we want……….not

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Fingers crossed we do.
    Didn’t know anything about him - but a striker at 6’3” who can bring others into play is something this message board has discussed over and over again since the Dike and Morris era.

Looking at his stats he’s probably a striker that doesn’t score that many - but when he’s playing others around him score more than what they usually do.

I thought the club had ditched the idea of playing a target striker - so if he signs there’s been a change of direction.
    Which IMO is great news.

This could be through influence from Collins.
    Tampa reports said he liked to play with a big lad up front.
    Can only see one downside of this - if we start to lineup with a target striker then this will greatly influence how the team plays going forward.
    So if we get one - then we need a backup in case of suspensions and injuries etc.
    JJ (Kayode) isn't a target man Nudge. He can't be played as a focal point. He doesn't bring others into play. He's more a "second striker" who plays off a target man. For over a decade we've viewed him as a great prospect, with raw potential. But then all of sudden he's 23, and he's done nothing. He just never kicked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    JJ (Kayode) isn't a target man Nudge. He can't be played as a focal point. He doesn't bring others into play. He's more a "second striker" who plays off a target man. For over a decade we've viewed him as a great prospect, with raw potential. But then all of sudden he's 23, and he's done nothing. He just never kicked on.
    We’ve a squad full of those types of players.
    We had one tuther year that cost £300k that was described more or less exactly same as that at the time.
    He’s playing int Premier now.
    If the recruitment team are asking the CEO to enquire about him then they’ve seen summert in him.

Love is blind YN !!!

In your case your beloved recruitment team at Barnsley FC

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Love is blind YN !!!

In your case your beloved recruitment team at Barnsley FC
    Why suggest to others that they shouldn’t answer my posts.
    But then do it yourself.
    The less I hear from you the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Why suggest to others that they shouldn’t answer my posts.
    But then do it yourself.
    The less I hear from you the better.
    Courteous and respectful debate is encouraged on here Nudge but your post seems to seek the opposite. Try to shake off the old, knee jerk antagonistic reactions you had on your previous message board and seek "the new way" or people will say---

"You can take the Nudge out of the BBS but you can't take the BBS out of the Nudge".

# Sentence Review for Dan

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast