+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- Other sports you watch

Football
    Tennis (play more than watch)
    Golf (watch more than play)
    Athletics and absolutely love it when the Olympics are on, get thoroughly invested in almost every sport.
    Used to love boxing but it does nothing for me any more. Also loved F1 but again it’s losing its appeal for me personally.

Wushu - Wing Chun MA - Mountain Biking- participation...

Cricket and Tennis mainly are the TV sports I would watch - though it's limited as I refuse to subscribe to TV channels and just have Freeview + BT Sport which I get with my phone / broadband account. Cannot abide the Premier League - a real soap opera these days and more about money than sport.
    Rugby a fleeting interest in World Cups and 6 Nations - also keep an eye on Rugby League as my Dad was from Wakefield - a Trinity fan.
    I cycle offroad a fair bit but never had any interest in Road Cycling and don't get watching it on TV.
    Hate Golf, Boxing and F1, although I can understand the pleasure some get from playing the former. (Having said that I always have an eye on the Ryder Cup score - partisan nature in me I guess.

I also like the Olympics and will watch a lot of sports you otherwise are not exposed to - but especially like the track and field events.
    Winter Olympics also - as I ski a bit (also badly).

And Horse Racing - no interest at all in watching on TV but have occasionally been to race meetings - Newmarket has some great summer events with the racing followed by live music - last one I went to 2 years ago was George Ezra. Usually set myself a very low betting limited and lose all that on the tote.

I’m into pretty much any sport that isn’t American football or horse racing. Me and my partner always like to tick off a new sport each year that we’ve never watched in person before. My teams that I follow in other sports are Leicester Tigers, Nottinghamshire CCC/Notts Outlaws, Leeds Rhinos and Sheffield Eagles, Leicester Riders, Nottingham Panthers, Beeston Hockey, Toronto Raptors, Toronto Blue Jays and Pittsburgh Penguins.

I used to follow the Panthers, but nowadays it's just Notts and whatever team my grandson plays for. I don't watch any televised sport as I don't have a TV licence.

As a kid I enjoyed watching violence and people having anger meltdowns so Boxing and Tennis were right up my street. Hated cricket and athletics, not least because they literally displaced football in the 1970s and 1980s unless there was a World Cup on. I ought to be a rugby fan but let's face it, that's a mess of a sport with stupid rules, a silly shaped ball and a naff scoring system. It's a shame that football and rugby split in two, the perfect game for me would be having to play with your feet and not handle the ball, but all of the physical stuff - wrestling, fighting, pushing etc. being allowed.
    It really is beyond pathetic seeing footballers falling to the ground at every opportunity to get a free kick whilst men in boxing rings stay on their feet taking punch after punch to the head.

I love watching the Snooker & Darts. Never been to either live yet but hope to do so soon. I also go to Trent Bridge to watch the cricket fairly regularly. I was there when England won The Ashes. Was also lucky enough to get a free ticket for the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final in Sydney when England beat Australia. A definite lowlight was an American ‘football’ game in Miami and was bored stiff.

Olympics - magic! for the reasons mentioned, Sled Hockey - family member plays, Wushu - (interesting to see others here do too) family involved. Used to enjoy Rugby Union a lot but it got dropped in the middle age time crunch, MMA until it got formulaic and Trumpy, Boxing, but it got too corrupted. These days I'll put the Golf on but [sacrilege alert] mostly as a sleep aid lol!

Apart from football, it's horse racing and cricket for me, either live or on tv.

My 'Id rather watch paint dry' sports are motor sports, boxing, and anything american.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12