+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Other sports you watch

O/T:- Other sports you watch

Do you follow or attend any other sports? And any stand or moments you've witnessed? Keldsyke's tennis thread made me wonder what other sports people enjoy.

Cricket is my second sport after Notts - predictably Nottinghamshire and England. Probably the best moment was watching England win the ashes at Trent Bridge.

Also enjoy F1 (sorry I know there are a lot of haters!). Best moment from that was watching Nigel Mansell win at Silverstone, being part of a huge crowd that were allowed on the track when the race finished (those were the days) and celebrating with a drink, sitting in a deckchair on the track.

Have seen the TDF, but not a follower of cycling. Couldn't believe just how fast they move, it was just a blur.

Over to you lot...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-06-2023 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Do you follow or attend any other sports? And any stand or moments you've witnessed? Keldsyke's tennis thread made me wonder what other sports people enjoy.

Cricket is my second sport after Notts - predictably Nottinghamshire and England. Probably the best moment was watching England win the ashes at Trent Bridge.

Also enjoy F1 (sorry I know there are a lot of haters!). Best moment from that was watching Nigel Mansell win at Silverstone, being part of a huge crowd that were allowed on the track when the race finished (those were the days) and celebrating with a drink, sitting in a deckchair on the track.

Have seen the TDF, but not a follower of cycling. Couldn't believe just how fast they move, it was just a blur.

Over to you lot...
    Much to the dismay of my wife, and can literally watch most sports. Cricket is up there, especially when England or Notts are on and the Big Bash (commentators are brill - love ripping each other) Golf, particularly the majors and Ryder Cup, Rugby Union if England are playing. Rugby League (England and NRL (Ozzie league). NBA. NFL. Ozzie rules football when the Collingwood Magpies (for obvious reasons are playing) - currently top of the league - c’mon you pies.

Like a lot of t e e n agers and young adults I used to be a complete sports nut back then having a favourite team and following results in most major sports. I am an americanophile especially when it comes to sports.

I still like most sports today, although not hockey or baseball, and I would say nowadays my favourite sports and the ones I am more invested in are:

1. Football
    2. NFL (& College Football)
    3. MMA
    4. Boxing

As for best sporting moments, and putting Notts to one side, there are so many to choose from , from around the world as I try to sample everything at least once (Melbourne Grand Prix, The Melbourne Cup, Test Cricket at Lords, MLB games in New York, Wimbledon, NRL in Sydney, an AFL game at the MCG, a UFC event in the UK, a Brazilian cup semi final at the world famous Maracana (great atmosphere but a very dull game, decided on penalties), watching various college sports in front of 70,000-90,000+ people after a fantastic tailgate with friends and locals. One of my favourite days and things to do ever!!

If I had to pick one I would go with my first live NFL game in Philly against the Giants with a best mate of mine back in 2011/12, or a game in New Orleans in the historic Superdome 3 years later with friends, the noise was like nothing I have ever heard before at any sporting event.

Going back to Wimbledon again this year after a break and get to watch the worlds best on Centre Court at the start of July. And finally I have organised to go see England in an Ashes game (took me far too long), but I get to visit The Oval for the first time for Day One with an old school buddy and I can't wait for that day.

Looking forward to hearing from others on this topic.

I was big into skateboarding as a ****ager, and I've followed it ever since. Not exactly a sport, but I still love watching it. Incredible how it has evolved over the years.

My old man was a keen cyclist, and summertime growing up was all about watching the Tour de France, so I've definitely got a passing interest in cycling.

Apart from that, it's all pretty much football. No interest in cricket, rugby, or the American sports. I don't even know the rules.

I'm a hockey fan - the version played on ice. More interested in the NHL and WHL etc. as I spent a lot of time in Canada but will occasionally attend the Panthers now and again. Probably enjoyed it more in Nottingham in the days of the old rink which were always very atmospheric nights.

Like watching Cricket especially the T20 follow Notts and Derbyshire and generally watch Test matches as a neutral but don't really bother with that Hundred thingy, like Athletics as well and sometimes Tennis. I've been meaning to get down to the Nottingham Open this year but haven't yet.
    Rugby feels like there is a North/South divide in that if you are from the North you prefer Rugby League and from the South you prefer Rugby Union.
    Haven't watched F1 for years since Damon Hill won the title in about 1996.

Horse racing

Like me a bit of AFL.

Two up.

Cricket all day long and all night long. Back to watching the great game at silly times of the night again starting this weekend.

Used to go and watch Panthers quite a bit and enjoy Ice Hockey.

Love most sports. Horse Racing, Cricket, Rugby Union and Ice Hockey main ones. Best atmosphere at sporting events I have seen were the Ice Hockey games at the old Nottingham Ice Stadium, not sure how the roof stayed on some Saturday nights.

Whether it's a small venue like the old Ice hockey stadium in Nottingham or huge ones like the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, when the roof is closed the atmosphere can go up another 2 or 3 levels with the noise having nowhere to go.

Goosebumps stuff at times. Love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast