+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Rules Regarding Foreign Players

New Rules Regarding Foreign Players

Hey Folks!

So I came across something mentioned about a new rule regarding foreign players, so my take on it (which is pretty loose at the minute as I didnt fully read the new rules) is we are screwed as most of our squad is foreign, and 1 of our better english players is potentially being released. If we did keep our current crop of English Scottish Welsh Northern Irish and republic of Irish players, this is what we are left with

Ayling, Cooper, Dallas, Forshaw, Harrison, Gyabi, Greenwood, Gray, Bamford, Joseph, Perkins, Cresswell, Drameh, Poveda, James, Bate, McKinstry, Shackleton, Jenkins, McCalmont, Roberts, Gelhardt, Christy, Moore, Sutcliffe, Debayo, Mullen, Snowdon, Miller, McGurk, Allen

out of that group, I hope we sell Drameh, Poveda won't be kept, i'd sell James, McCalmont i'd look to sell, I'd also sell Roberts.

the rest would offer the club something either fir the first team or the u21s, but I feel the club will make massive squad changes

who do you think will stay, and who will go?

Hi Clive. Good to see you return mate. I would keep Drameh and James and would sell Poveda, McCalmont and Roberts. If there are buyers.
    Selling is fine if someone wants to buy. Not confident we will be rid of some of the ones we would be happy to see leave the club.
    A fair number will leave but it's guesswork as to who that will be.
    I'd be surprised if we keep Koch, Adams, Harrison, Rodrigo, and a bit surprised if we keep Wober, Roca, Aaronson, Gnonto and Summerville.
    Probably missed one or two as it's a long list of players to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    Hi Clive. Good to see you return mate. I would keep Drameh and James and would sell Poveda, McCalmont and Roberts. If there are buyers.
    Selling is fine if someone wants to buy. Not confident we will be rid of some of the ones we would be happy to see leave the club.
    A fair number will leave but it's guesswork as to who that will be.
    I'd be surprised if we keep Koch, Adams, Harrison, Rodrigo, and a bit surprised if we keep Wober, Roca, Aaronson, Gnonto and Summerville.
    Probably missed one or two as it's a long list of players to consider.
    Carlisle will have McAlmont, and Roberts is already on his way to Brum. Drameh will go to Luton (probably) or Burnley (possibly) but certainly not staying at Leeds.

Adams & Harrison aren't likely to stay, but Rodrigo has done himself no favours with his display for Spain, basically reprising what he does for LUFC, ( not much unless used as a poacher).

Wober, Gnonto, and Summerville will go. Aaronson and Roca, would prefer if they went, but I can't see any club wanting to pay what Leeds will be asking.

Too many imponderables, and we're not so far from seasons start without a manager/coach, and so many positions that need to be attended to.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Hey Folks!

So I came across something mentioned about a new rule regarding foreign players, so my take on it (which is pretty loose at the minute as I didnt fully read the new rules) is we are screwed as most of our squad is foreign, and 1 of our better english players is potentially being released. If we did keep our current crop of English Scottish Welsh Northern Irish and republic of Irish players, this is what we are left with

Ayling, Cooper, Dallas, Forshaw, Harrison, Gyabi, Greenwood, Gray, Bamford, Joseph, Perkins, Cresswell, Drameh, Poveda, James, Bate, McKinstry, Shackleton, Jenkins, McCalmont, Roberts, Gelhardt, Christy, Moore, Sutcliffe, Debayo, Mullen, Snowdon, Miller, McGurk, Allen

out of that group, I hope we sell Drameh, Poveda won't be kept, i'd sell James, McCalmont i'd look to sell, I'd also sell Roberts.

the rest would offer the club something either fir the first team or the u21s, but I feel the club will make massive squad changes

who do you think will stay, and who will go?
    Meslier - Probably stay
    Klaeson - Probably stay
    Robles - released

Ayling - stay
    Firpo - Probably go
    Koch - Probably go but hope not
    Cooper - stay
    Llorente - almost gone
    Dallas - stay
    Struik - no idea
    Kristensen - Probably stay
    Wober - Probably go but hope not

Forshaw - released but might get another short term contract on lower wages
    Aaronson - go, if anyone will buy him
    Marc Roca - go
    Summerville - probably stay
    Harrison - go
    Adams - would say go but still injured so won't pass medical so maybe stay until xmas & see where we are
    Gayabi - stay
    Sinisterra - would say go but still injured so won't pass medical so maybe stay until xmas & see where we are
    McKennie - go
    Greenwood - stay
    Gray - stay

Bamford - hopefully go
    Perkins - stay
    Rodrigo - go
    Rutter - who's going to pay anywere near what we did - stay
    Gnonto - Probably go but hope not

Maybe, possibly but who knows

It all depends on the offers they get from the 49 ers.
    Money talks.
    However, any player who is ambitious will probably go.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)